What the hell is up with this Greco!!!???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundcreation

Reaction score
http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j39456448

This same guitar...exact same..has come up from this company about 4 different time that I have seen. Each time tons of people bid and the auction ends and I suppose somebody won...but here it is again from the same bloody people.

Unless they have 4 gold top P90 greco 800's with the same chip on the headstock and graffiti on the back...

Thing is I would love to get this guitar but I'm totally suspicious of this auction.

Anyone have any ideas??

soundcreation said:
http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j39456448

This same guitar...exact same..has come up from this company about 4 different time that I have seen. Each time tons of people bid and the auction ends and I suppose somebody won...but here it is again from the same bloody people.

Unless they have 4 gold top P90 greco 800's with the same chip on the headstock and graffiti on the back...

Thing is I would love to get this guitar but I'm totally suspicious of this auction.

Anyone have any ideas??

I will buy it this time and see whats wrong.
It is the only Super Real I miss in my collection so...I'll take the chance.
And I will bid hiiiiiiigh :wink: (I have my own Yahoo account so I don't have to pay Rinkya any commission :D

RyanC said:
soundcreation said:
Anyone have any ideas??

Koubayashi said:
I will buy it this time and see whats wrong.

I'm guessing that wasn't the idea he was looking for. :wink:

Hang on for a few days and I will tell what the prob is.
I have bought stuff from that shop before and the condition on the items are not always what they describe. Or to be more exact there are more things than they reveal.

Koubayashi said:
I have bought stuff from that shop before and the condition on the items are not always what they describe. Or to be more exact there are more things than they reveal.

Hi Koubayashi - do you mean more problems/issues than described?

RyanC said:
Koubayashi said:

Hi Koubayashi - do you mean more problems/issues than described?

Yeah. The Japanese way is to be silent rather than lie like we do in the west. I remember a JV Strat I bought from them. The pickups where not original but they didn't mention that in the information text. Such things happened a few times with them.

Koubayashi said:
The Japanese way is to be silent rather than lie like we do in the west.

Well of course, not all of us in the west do lie! There are definitely many honest traders on here. So, to follow your logic, a Japanese seller who deliberately omits to mention a problem with a guitar he's selling is the same sort of lowlife as a western seller who lies about a guitar he's selling?

Mike

stratman323 said:
Koubayashi said:
The Japanese way is to be silent rather than lie like we do in the west.

Well of course, not all of us in the west do lie! There are definitely many honest traders on here. So, to follow your logic, a Japanese seller who deliberately omits to mention a problem with a guitar he's selling is the same sort of lowlife as a western seller who lies about a guitar he's selling?

Mike
You could say that, yes.

To buy from a "I don't know anything about guitars" seller is a lottery anywhere in the world. So many cheaters are hiding behind that phrase.

RyanC said:

Well i'm willing to let koub have at that one just because of the history of it. But you have to let us know what's going on with it...

What I'm really kicking myself about today is not getting this...

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d94396182

Navigator gold top P90 closed at 107000 yen....I put a bid in at 99500 and then hesitated to make another one. :( I blew this one...

soundcreation said:
RyanC said:

Well i'm willing to let koub have at that one just because of the history of it. But you have to let us know what's going on with it...

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d94396182

Navigator gold top P90 closed at 107000 yen....I put a bid in at 99500 and then hesitated to make another one. :( I blew this one...

Perhaps not - I won that guitar last week for 139,000 yen and Rinkya advised me to back out of it due to evidence of shilling on the seller's part as well as their lack of feedback. Don't sweat it! :D

oh my god that greco is at 97000 with thirty minutes to go....!!! that's crazy. I wonder how many knew they could have had a navigator for the same price....

It's a rinkya too...OK who's bidding ?

I've actually had good luck once with and auction for an aria pro II bass that looked like some type of estate sale. They didn't even know if it worked. Got it and it plays awesome.

RyanC said:
soundcreation said:
RyanC said:

Perhaps not - I won that guitar last week for 139,000 yen and Rinkya advised me to back out of it due to evidence of shilling on the seller's part as well as their lack of feedback. Don't sweat it! :D

Really? Well good to know...thanks! What's shilling by the way...just scamming? yeah the guy only did have 2 feedbacks....I figured it was still less risky than the greco! LOL..

Shilling is where the seller (or an acquaintance) bids up the price against the high bidder. 8)

soundcreation said:

Guilty. 8)

To Koubayashi's earlier point, we'll see what condition it shows up in - although the seller has over 25,000 positive feedbacks with only 5 negative for lack of description.

As far as the comparison with the Navigator, I personally think it's hard to compare vintage to new, so the mojo factor and the rarity is what drew me in - plus I know I like the EG necks alot. I also think the very low price that Navigator went for should tell you a lot of people had concerns about it's legitimacy - like I said earlier, to me it just wasn't worth it.

I also saved nearly $500 in the end (97,000 yen vs. 139,000 yen)! :D

RyanC said:
soundcreation said:

Guilty. 8)

To Koubayashi's earlier point, we'll see what condition it shows up in - although the seller has over 25,000 positive feedbacks with only 5 negative for lack of description.

As far as the comparison with the Navigator, I personally think it's hard to compare vintage to new, so the mojo factor and the rarity is what drew me in - plus I know I like the EG necks alot. I also think the very low price that Navigator went for should tell you a lot of people had concerns about it's legitimacy - like I said earlier, to me it just wasn't worth it.

I didn't give them negative feedback. It is no point cause they write very neatly and it is so hard to go around it. the only chance to complain in general is when the seller is slow or packs the goods badly and such.

RyanC said:
soundcreation said:

Guilty. 8)

I also saved nearly $500 in the end (97,000 yen vs. 139,000 yen)! :D

So you won it...congratulations...I think...LOL.... I hope it works out for you. Make sure you post here what you get because I'm still confused as to how they can advertise the same guitar so many times. And for some reason I don't think this will be the last time I see that guitar.

I have an SS500 (sg special) super real with those same "hot licks" pickups and they are quite simply amazing. You'll love them for sure. A P90 LP is still on my list of wants.

soundcreation said:
So you won it...congratulations...I think...LOL.... I hope it works out for you. Make sure you post here what you get because I'm still confused as to how they can advertise the same guitar so many times. And for some reason I don't think this will be the last time I see that guitar.

I have an SS500 (sg special) super real with those same "hot licks" pickups and they are quite simply amazing. You'll love them for sure. A P90 LP is still on my list of wants.

Thanks! Fingers crossed. I'll let you know how this plays out.

RyanC said:
soundcreation said:

Thanks! Fingers crossed. I'll let you know how this plays out.

Congrats. After 80k I jumped off the train.
I hope it is not beyond fixing.

Thanks! If the headstock isn't snapped and the truss rod works I'll be happy. :D

Latest posts

Back