Ok ,,,so who got this one at a very reasonable price???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe takes one to know one :oops:

would love to see some pics of the smashed EGF-1200 and the burny, do you have any?

no he did not remove the fretboard, I have never had something that smashed that needed it.

Koubayashi said:
Mainly mid ranges but also an EGF1200 and an EGF850 + a Burny 150.
Huge gaps between the neck and the body. Did he remove the fretboard to look at the joint? Its a horrible sight.
Haven't had more than about 10 crushed over the last 6-7 years so it is not empiric material

Would be interesting to see a Gibby's joint as well. :D

We ALWAYS asked you for photos man but you have not supplied em. I would love to see them all...sure there are a few that just skim past QC...hell look at Gibson...especially during 2007. Their QC was ***** and made Epiphone look like master luthiers so calling Gibby as the champ is silly unless you are referring to late 50's and early 60's...then you cannot even compare...totally different as those were not mass produced and were made start to finish by one guy. 1-300 per year...well no kidding details are going to be looked after.

Udonitron said:
Koubayashi said:
Mainly mid ranges but also an EGF1200 and an EGF850 + a Burny 150.
Huge gaps between the neck and the body. Did he remove the fretboard to look at the joint? Its a horrible sight.
Haven't had more than about 10 crushed over the last 6-7 years so it is not empiric material

Would be interesting to see a Gibby's joint as well. :D

We ALWAYS asked you for photos man but you have not supplied em. I would love to see them all...sure there are a few that just skim past QC...hell look at Gibson...especially during 2007. Their QC was ***** and made Epiphone look like master luthiers so calling Gibby as the champ is silly unless you are referring to late 50's and early 60's...then you cannot even compare...totally different as those were not mass produced and were made start to finish by one guy. 1-300 per year...well no kidding details are going to be looked after.

I do provide pics when I get my *** from the couch.
Last time I showed you the superior joint of a Burny LP Custom.
huge gap on each side of the neck. Great for the tone.

I thought the real LP's are the late 50's :D What else to aim for?

By the way, the pics of the Fernandes with nato wood wasn't well appreciated :wink:

Honestly, do you thing that the Japanese would put the best efforts into building guitars that were rather cheap? Of course not! To sell cheap the production costs must be low, especially in Japan, even in the 80's their salaries were rather high costs had to be cut else where.

Modern Gibson is mostly not a good example :wink:
I saw a Juniors neck and they had glued a piece of wood to the rose wood :D But that Junior will still cost 12-1400? in this part of the world (rip off comes to mind).

Well in 1982, for example, perhaps the Yen compared to other currencies was weak but within their own country 120,000 Yen certainly was not cheap either. :wink:

7.jpg

Well, here's a Gibson neck joint and it made me GAS for a Yamaha SG with neck-through construction :p. It should be on its way soon after my check has cleared with Rinkya.

"Unfortunately I have to tell you that it?s even worse. The most neckresets I have done on historics show these tenons (as in the picture). The bottom: no glue, just air. On the one side a loveless piece of mapleveneer, size: like a stamp. It?s for holding the neck in place to align with the centerseam of the mapletop. The left side of the tenon is glued with polyurethane-foam-glue. It holds the neck in place. So the longneck-tenon is a bad joke. A neckreset is definately needed within a makeover if you want TONE."

Check out that whole thread, it's most interesting:

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167254&page=3

heh sometimes it makes me laugh, what do people need to see to show them that its just about money for Gibson and has been for a long time,

I have been saying for ever that compared to a good MIJ historics are just not worth the money, and this is another nail in the coffin..

you will never see that kind of **** on an good old MIJ, because they had PRIDE in what they made..

polystyrene foam!!! if anyone ever shows me an old tokai or greco made that way i will eat it!!

villager said:
polystyrene foam!!! if anyone ever shows me an old tokai or greco made that way i will eat it!!

Ok, now all hell will brake loose, I think you just triggered Fredrik.. :lol:

jacco said:
villager said:

Ok, now all hell will brake loose, I think you just triggered Fredrik.. :lol:

I'll look for the pics I have of a Greco and a Burny that clearly shows that they have polysterene foam as well.

I'll send him a spoon at the same time :D

Orville:
Hey, whats that around the tenon?
P1070358.jpg

Greco (think its an EG700)
P1070351.jpg

Foam in the hole!

And I got some pics of a Burny as well but no time to find it now.

let me state old 1978-82 tokai reborn / love rock or greco superreal....

yummy foam i love it..

send an spoon with a long tenon please, I refuse to sup from anything else :roll: :roll:

villager said:
heh sometimes it makes me laugh, what do people need to see to show them that its just about money for Gibson and has been for a long time,

I have been saying for ever that compared to a good MIJ historics are just not worth the money, and this is another nail in the coffin..

you will never see that kind of ^&*( on an good old MIJ, because they had PRIDE in what they made..

+1000 I will bring the Grey Poupon and join you Mark :D

By the way....
Is there anyone who actually believes that Kanda and the others didn't want to make money like Gibson?

Big companies with share holders usually do want to make money.
And for those of you who doesn't know the Japanese culture: money and business is religion in Japan :D

its not just about making money, its the ethic of doing things correctly, which the japanese had in the aforsaid period, whereas it does not exist to the same degree today, as you well know, or you wouldn't still be buying japanese guitars.......

My theory on why so many companies started to make these copies was all due to Gibson and their infinite arrogance not wanting to sell to the Japanese market at the time. So all these companies thought "well fine, we will just make replica's with a different name on the headstock and we will make them better". They sure did :D

villager said:
its not just about making money, its the ethic of doing things correctly, which the japanese had in the aforsaid period, whereas it does not exist to the same degree today, as you well know, or you wouldn't still be buying japanese guitars.......

You are right Mark, the aforesaid period is what I call the Japanese Golden Era, no different to the Gibson or Fender Golden Era's.
The guitars in the Japan golden era, are likely from about 1978 to 1985, most definately for Tokai, and Greco would be the Super Real and Mint Collection series, in that the best quality or demand of vintage guitars were made at that time.
But these guitars made at those times, especially the high end models, are seen as Japan Treasures by the Japanese. Because of the craftsmanship etc that went into them and the story that each guitar can tell.

I don't care much about capatilistic points of view, that is just plain idiotic and obnoxious. It goes to show what that person really thinks of the Japanese. Capatilism is all about profits, so what is so farkin new or not about that in any farkin country.

Oh crap...starting to rant again..... :D

Latest posts

Back