The coolest guitar contest 2009!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've consulted Mike and he's happy to step out of the voting, I think he's happy enough that we have a collection of amazing pics, and doesn't want to upset anyone (quite unusual for him :wink: )

So it's down to me to pick the 'Fender style' winner, the trouble is, what's 'cool'? The way I decided to do it was to take one last look through all the pics and pick the guitar that made me think 'I want that one' There are some very 'different' guitars, DaveWW's Momose is striking, and the plexi guitars, amazing, but I'm pretty traditional in my tastes so it comes down to these three:

In no particular order:

Mikes TE-120
Ken's ST-100
Volker's ST-100

And the winner is..............................

Ken's ST-100!

You might disagree, but Sushi Joe put me in charge so that's the result All complaints to Joe please :wink:

The real winners are all the forum members. That's one lovely selection of guitars, if anone asks to see a great selection of Japanese axes I'll point them straight to this thread.

Been upgrading to Windows 7...installing dual graphics cards etc etc...so the pc has been on but mostly off whilst I install and configure hardware this week.

JohnA said:
The real winners are all the forum members. That's one lovely selection of guitars, if anone asks to see a great selection of Japanese axes I'll point them straight to this thread.

+1
I'm sure we can fill a big,big thread only with pics of these beautys.
Not only the old ones,even with newer Tokais or whatever.

And the winner is..............................

Ken's ST-100!

Congrats to Ken. :D

Volker

Wow! I am humbly surprised! :oops:

Ive always loved Volkers strat, his actually insprired me to get mine!!

Thanks guys, beautiful guitars! must be very difficult to pick!!! :D

As I said to John, I would prefer to own Volker's, but thats just because of my rosewood preference, not because it's cooler. It would be very very cool to have the chance to try them both together, but that seems unlikley, sadly.

So, congrats to Ken, & to everybody who posted in this thread.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

kmarccoco said:
Wow! I am humbly surprised! :oops:

Ive always loved Volkers strat, his actually insprired me to get mine!!

Thanks guys, beautiful guitars! must be very difficult to pick!!! :D

The Fender Award goes to Mr.Ken Kmartman in Sacramento, CA!!!!!!!! ....?

He is a cool blues/policeman over there, playing w/Johnny "Guitar" Knox lately!

Congratulations Kmart-Cocoa man. The prize and my PM on the way soon!!!

:wink: Joe Stockton.

http://www.sacheritagefest.com/HaveMercy/jknox.htm

Ken's band.....The Bluesman, Johnny "Guitar" Knox!!!

kmarccoco said:
My 1980 7okai St 100.. It has super cool checking! And a great vintage vibe and tone. Super light guitar weighing in at just about 7lbs..

7okaicollection013.jpg

CopyofIMG_3096-1.jpg

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: "The Fender Award"

WE HAVE A WIENER...I MEAN...A WINNER..in the LP category!!!!
After lengthy deliberation with my esteemed colleague and with honorable mentions to John A's GT(you really need to work on your bribe technique Mike) and Ed's Kawai(a longtime personal fave of mine) AND Dave's Momose(the best of both LP/Strat worlds IMHO)....THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE(thanks Connor McLoud) ......
The winner is Bob's LS300
DSC_0328.jpg

Congrats to Bob...and remember there are no losers....well..ok...technically you ARE all losers coz you're not Moi 8) :roll:

Each time I see Bob's LS300 - obviously one of the most amazing Tokais ever - I don't understand why Tokai is not producing any of its higher models with that top figure and a lemon burst finish.

Regular models are uglier than Tokai prototypes??? it has no sense :(

Having had honourable mentions in both categories I think I deserve my own special prize :lol:

Seriously though - congratulations to Bob. Absolutely stunning guitar!

Dave

Good Les Paul choice Oz! That one is pretty amazing!! All this talk of your "esteemed colleague" is Mick not feeling left out?

Back