• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 1989 Burny Firebird V (Sunburst) Made in Japan (trade for goldtop possible)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnys141

Reaction score
CA$ 1800 + shipping (I'm in Ontario, Canada). Have a Goldtop with P90s in Lacquer finish that you wanna trade? Let's talk!

A pretty rare and hard to find Firebird that's made in Japan is over 30 years old, has all the vintage vibe without the huge price tag.

Burny (along with Greco), were the two companies known to be building vintage correct recreations of old Gibsons and Fenders with as much attention to detail as possible. This guitar feels great in your hands, is easy to play and easily comparable to most custom shop Gibson Firebirds.

Some features:

- Dual, low-output rail magnet Firebird pickups. The pickups sound somewhere in between P90s and humbuckers, they're articulate and warm and sound fantastic with fuzz and overdrive.

- Lacquer finish with some nice checking and aging

- A maple plug in the neck tenon (long neck tenon neck-through construction) like a vintage firebird

- Banjo tuners like in the originals (they hold tuning surprisingly well!)

- Comes with a Gator Transit series case worth CA$160+tax (https://www.long-mcquade.com/98983/...es/Transit-Series-Bass-Guitar-Bag---Black.htm)

I absolutely love this guitar but I need to save up for an absolute dream guitar (Greco Super Real EG 800GS), so I sadly have to let it go.

It isn't perfect, has nicks and chips (tried to picture them as best as I could) because it's been played. And it's been played because it sounds so good. Originally came with the vibrola but it was modded with a stop tail piece by the previous owner. Worked out for me cause I feel like the body balances better and is pretty stable when it comes to tuning.

tempImagejgKee2.jpgtempImageZtTiRR.jpgIMG_4408.jpegIMG_4407.jpegIMG_4409.jpegIMG_4416.jpegIMG_4414.jpegIMG_4418.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back