• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Love Rock LS-120 from 1983 , great AAA flame top

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I received my LS-120 with no problems, arrived in 7 days, over a weekend, too - impressive!

I've played it for about 3-4 hours so far, and all I can say is...wow...awesome guitar!! It's a real knock-out in person...love that top!
I goofed in my other post though, I thought it was a 1 piece back, it actually is a 3 piece back, not a big deal though.

The FaberKit to lock the tailpiece is really cool, too - a very good idea for any stop tailpiece guitar.
And a special mention on the Plek level & dress - this is probably the smoothest, most buzz free guitar I've ever played and the action is very low. I have it at 3/64" on both E's.....and it could go lower!..but I'm leaving it at 3/64ths. Over the weekend I'm going to do a better set-up and intonation, a few of the bridge saddles need swapped around for a better range of intonation.

I am definitely going to have my other main guitar Pleked in the near future!

Thanks again, Kaze - overall, a very impressive guitar!

Steve

I'm so glad the guitar arrived safely, I was a bit nervous about the trip... :wink:
And I'm really, really happy that you like the LS and the Plek Profile!!!! I think she wants to be loved and played and I didn't play her a lot, so she will have a good home at yours!! Will you record something??? :D Which amp do you use?
Cheers and have fun with this beautiful Tokai, it was a pleasure to deal with you!!

Kaze said:
Will you record something??? :D Which amp do you use?

I'll try and get something recorded and post up here :D
So far I've run it thru a digitech GNX4 modeling pedalboard with headphones, also had it cranked up thru my Marshall JCM800 combo...very, very nice... 8)

Will also try it thru a friends Mesa dual-rectifier....should sound sweet thru that, too... :D :D

Latest posts

Back