Another Tokai LS-120 arrived !!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaze

Reaction score
Just came from work and there was this BIIIG package with my new - old Tokai LS-120 from 1983 in it. Thanks to Rossi!!! :D
Well packed, indeed and with a nice surprise!!
Here are some of the first pics I shot:
my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

The bone nut is loose, how should I fix it?

Thats great flame,i can see the :evil: in you.That is one HELL of a guitar,sorry to see this one go :cry:

Anyway wait untill you plug her in she sings all the right tunes.ENJOY :wink:

Kaze,

... beautiful guitar ... congrats + enjoy !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

BTW - die alten scheinen wieder im Kommen zu sein ... :wink:

Hey Rossi, what's this secret about the PAFs? Is it really a LS-120 or a LS-60??? I am a bit confused now. Nevertheless, she IS beautiful!

I dont know the secret about the 57s,but they are not the norm,they are soooooooooo sweet,you just wait untill you plug her in

Yes it IS a LS-120 we have already had this debate on the forum

Trust me :wink:

OMG :eek: that's almost the twin of my 1984 LS-120 except the flame on yours looks slightly quilted.
Those pickups are brilliant...beautiful tone I can vouch for that :D
p1110147xl0.jpg

Hey kaze thanx for putting you trust in me.I told you so :lol:
I think yours looks just that bit better not that im knocking ozeshins guitar thats a stunner aswell,but now i hope that the 57s debate can be laid to rest :p
Have you plugged her in yet???

hey Rossi...no offence taken...I agree.
The maple top on Kaze's is very pretty....mine's a distinct flame but his seems to have a little bit of quilting as well as a flame.
But those '57 pickups are amazing...they're the reason why I've left the electonics stock on mine...no need to change them at all....very versatile.
If i need a Gary Moore tone I can get it...ZZ Top...no problem.

Changed the Tailpiece to togps's Aluminium Lightweight with Faber Kit today, changed strings to new ones, plugged her in and - WOW! More sustain now (almost never ends...) and sweet tone!
'Cause I'm a coward, I will have fixed the nut by a professional luthier in Berlin in 10 days, they will set her up for me. I know, I should do that by my own, but I am not willing to experiment with this baby... She will get a new case soon, an original one (new) from Tokai, directly sent from Japan.

Well, she is now lying in an original Tokai case, fits perfectly. She has been plek'ed also in Berlin and the action is extremely low now, wow. I'm thinking of putting Wolfetones Dr. Vintage in her (already got them), of course, I will keep everything I take out of her.. ;-)

Latest posts

Back