• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Love Rock LS-120 from 1983 , great AAA flame top

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dollar for Dollar the Tokai beats it hands down ALL the way

is it a brazilian rosewood fretboard or its just a normal rosewood?
what about the mahogany using in the body and neck? is it honduras like the navigators or just normal too??
Thanks

You're too fast for me!! :wink:
I have to pack a bag, 'cause I'm going to Hamburg tomorrow and will return on Sunday evening. I will try to get online each day.

emilshayeb - you seem to be pretty concerned if these guitars will "beat" a Gibson Historic Re-Issue.

Are you looking for an exact clone of a '58, '59, or '60 Les Paul Sunburst?
Do you know what you like and dis-like about each of those years?

The mid to high end Tokai, Greco, Navigator :wink:, Burny....etc...will be equal to and better in some ways when compared to a Gibson, usually at a lower cost - so dollar for dollar the MIJ guitars represent an outstanding value. But, if you need and exact clone of a '59 burst, well, get the Gibby re-issue. (It will be the closest)

There are other thing to consider as well, I for example prefer a "vintage" instrument. I like the feel and tone of them, real, or imagined - I dig their "mojo" if you will. But, I would not turn away a new guitar either.

The LS-120 listed here is a beautiful guitar!

Others I have taken a good, hard look at are this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330116394058&rd=1&rd=1

And this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180114661940&rd=1&rd=1

I really-REALLY like that Bacchus, but you know what I bought, and I can't afford both :D :wink:

Well someone here on this forum who sells Tokais professionally is talking sh* about this Tokai and I'm really, really angry. He is telling people that I paid 800-900 Euro for this Tokai which is ridiculous and a lie. I paid 950 British pounds which is about 1380 Euro, bought an Alu Tailpiece and a Faberkit (over 50 Euro), have made a Plek Profile for 180 Euro and bought a Tokai Case at Gakkido Japan (I still have the receipt) for 160 Euro plus 38 Euro tax. Easy to me a summary for everyone. This same person told me earlier when I bought this LS that it is worth more than I paid and is waiting for me to offer a very low price, so that he can buy it cheap and sell it for a better price.
Very, very nice! :evil:

Bad style!!!!

By the way, I'm not talking about villager, he's a nice guy! I don't want anybody to think bad about him.

Back