Zakk Wylde Tokai ? from Canada?? Sure look nice....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giant pics are good :)

If you like the bullseye look I can see why you bought it, looks well put together! Tokai it is not, but at least you know now!

See the neck joint?
The Tennon is separate to the neck itself...the Tennon is set first and then the neck and fretboard are glued in afterwards.
Might do some digging and find companies that build their necks that way...Onyx do so that may be a place to start digging.[/img]

yeah...I saw an Onyx MiC LP last week that had a Maple next built that way...is that just the way that Maple necks are constructed?

Morning All,
Glad you liked the photos. You certainly seem to know your stuff!

If I get chance today I'm going to re-list the guitar - probably under the title "Zakk Wylde Les Paul a like".

As I mentioned I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking this is a Tokai but I doubt many people search EBay under "Fakai"...a word I'm definitely going to use the in the listing somewhere!

I'll also suggest any prospective buyers have a read of this forum before bidding.

Whilst cleaning the garage out last night I found a box/packing stuff from another guitar so I can post it now but will suggest collection may be better so the buyer will know what they're getting.

I'll make the listing as clear as possible...which I thought I'd done with the Firebird I'm also selling but you should see the questions I've been asked about that one!!! I'm tempted to just keep it!

Even if it's not the Tokai it should be,it looks absolutely awesome.If it sounds great,there's no reason to be unhappy with it.I also would prefer this one instead of an epiphone :wink:

Looks good, plays well...makes you wonder why they didn't go the whole way and put a Gibson logo on it?

If the people who actually made it are dishonest - and until they break cover and say why they put a Tokai logo on it - then surely putting a Gibson logo on it would have been just a different level of dishonesty?

It would be funny if tokai would send lawyers to protect their Gibson copies :lol:

There you go, I re-listed it. Hopefully I've made the point about its origins clear and suggested anyone interested reads this Forum.

As I said many, many thanks for pointing out the issue to me I appreciate it.

If someone does want to buy it then great, I'm sure they will enjoy it. If not, I'll keep it and maybe start a Zakk Mylde tribute band.

Back