info on my Gibbo Love Rock please!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky77

Reaction score
Hey guys...i recently had a trip out searching for a certain firebird VII corina...custom....not a studio! anyways....no joy as suspected so i went for my 2nd option which was a choice of a certain model epiphone, fender or gretsch!
wow what a weekend, i tried so many guitars from ?300 to ?3,000....could have gone up to a grand realistically as wanted a new vox amp etc.

Denmark Street, London has way too many music shops!!! so much crap i found out there, really was not impressed with the epi guitars or gretsch...all newer models...yuk!!! felt like poo to me. my brothers vintage epi feels great! not diggin the expensive guitars either, tried a good few but didnt like any of em!

well well well i only fell in love with a Gibbo Love Rock SG with 3 pick ups!!! the make was not an issue atall, made by Tokai, i went by what felt good and suited my needs.

i took her home amazed at what i had fallen for! was really not what i intended to purchase!
Has anybody got any info as to what pickups etc were used? its prob a pile of junk and a bad Tokai model but i really dont care as it plays beautifully and sounds amazing! it says made in China (not Korea!!!!?) it has CH08083706 printed on the back! anyone know anything about this guitar atall? i prob got well ripped aswell but who cares! lol ;) i cant find anything about these guitars anywhere, factory 2nd i think is all i know.

Back