Love Rock LS-1000

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graeme

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been a member for a while but this is my first post.
Last year I became the very happy owner of a 2007 Love Rock LS-1,000. Didn't know they existed until it popped up on Reverb. I already own an LS-85Q, so I know how great these guitars are. Well, the LS-1000 is sublime. Best guitar I've played. I was looking for a guitar that looked just like those old Bursts and the LS-1,000 doesn't disappoint, plus it sounds fantastic. It has an even, bluesy tone across neck, the frets feel like they are barely there - dunno if that is how they came out of the factory, but it feels waaaay nicer than my Gibson Les Paul Traditional and is finished much better too. Like someone actually cared. A mid-chunky neck, poss more 58 than 59 (from what I've read) but quite playable.
No markings on the pickups, which are punchy and loud but not shrill like some I could mention. It's got the massive orange drop caps.
One piece back, lovely solid top, long tenon, beautiful rosewood fingerboard with a commemorative inlay at the 12th fret.
Re the model no - if it follows the normal Tokai practice of naming models by their price in yen, does that make it Y1,000,000? Needless to say, that's not what I paid here in the UK, but would put it on a par with the cost of a Gibbo reissue at the time.
Neck pick up.jpg

Inlay.jpg

No strings.jpg

Back.jpg

Full.jpg

Closer.jpg
Rear panel.jpg

Yours would have been numbered like this certificate in this Reverb listing.

Wonder if there is a magic marker number in one of the pickup compartments?

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 12.16.16 PM.png

And the weird thing is that to date I don't know of anyone who can verifiably say they have seen a 1977 Tokai Les Paul.

Springy yes, Les Paul no.

Yours would have been numbered like this certificate in this Reverb listing.

Wonder if there is a magic marker number in one of the pickup compartments?

View attachment 16220
Yep I got one of those... no marker in the neck pickup cavity. Couldn't get the screws out of the bridge pickup collar (and worried about the screwdriver slipping off and into that lovely top)... maybe next time I change strings.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    707.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back