- Feb 20, 2007
- Reaction score
I think the guitar I got given yesterday lives in this category, but am prepared to be disabused.
The problem I have is that the electrics have gone - it had Iron Gears in it when I got it (now removed). Everything else looks like it came from the same guitar.
What I have is:
Tokai Script Logo Gold Star
- four digit serial number - first number is 3 which made me think it might be 83 but apparently the four digit numbers don’t work like that?
- neck and body have matching codes - 5-18 on both
- V carve
- single piece of wood
- “Klusons” are stamped Deluxe
- Fender accurate headstock (not US or modern)
- finish does *not* pass the acetone test - so it’s poly, not nitro
- Final Pro Spec bridge, bent steel saddles, big steel block
Until I found my acetone I was excitedly imagining this was the carcass of an ST-80, but it seems that’s no longer possible. So puzzlement. I guess it is possible that the neck plate comes from another guitar - it’s obviously been hacked around at some point - but the rest seem to match.
So a couple of questions:
- is there any way I can date this more accurately than “early-mid 80s”
- any idea which model it might be?
View attachment 4068 View attachment 4069 View attachment 4070 View attachment 4071