Shameless Plug for my Tokai Strat Auction early 1980's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets face it, the 'Goldstar' logo is ***** looking where as the 'Springy' logo is classy.

Back in the earlyish/mid80's when Blue Suede Music started bringing Tokais in by the container load to the UK, a lot of Goldstars had their logo's removed. Even I rubbed one out and replaced it with a Schecter logo. :roll: :oops:

I've had/seen a lot of 'Fender' badged Tokais from the start of the Goldstar's but very few brutalised Springy's

BTW. Did anyone see that daphne blue Tokai Strat on ebay last week with the lipsticks and the Breezy neck? Well, that once belonged to me :D I was nagged to sell it. That one was a bargain and a great sounding axe so you all missed out. :lol:

Even I rubbed one out and replaced it with a Schecter logo.

Last night on TV there was the Seven Ages of Rock featuring bands who were Stadium Acts. saw Knopfler playing something that looked liek the guitar I have, but I think from memory he played Schlecters.... Am I right?

What was the guitar David Gilmour played int he mid-eighties - the red one?

K

[/quote]

oldflame, let me see if I understand you correctly. You believe that a Goldstar looks "*****" because of the decal, but a Strat with a Tele neck looks good?

Mike

YES MATE!

Love Strats with Tele necks. Had a fair few. Tommy Bolin put the idea in my head back in 1977. Look what happened to him. :-?

Back