Most accurate '59 LP Repro?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stratman323 said:
Sushi in Middlesbrough? :eek: Now I know the world has gone mad!

Preparation tips.

1. Find fish
2. Kill fish
3. Cut up fish
4. Eat fish.

If you're in the North East, you might want to deep fry it as well.

:wink:
Pffftt....didn't know Black Pudding was a Fish :eek:

3pupLPC said:
Can I "reel" you guys back in off raw fish (that was bad I know :oops: ) onto the topic?!

Sorry :wink: An OBG reissue is a pretty accurate replica, but most have a 2-piece back, in all other respects they are pretty bang-on, the same goes for the higher end Mint Collections.

Personally I don't think total accuracy is a must, for it to be a great guitar. I can live with a few deviations from '59 spec.

quote]

Sorry :wink: An OBG reissue is a pretty accurate replica, but most have a 2-piece back, in all other respects they are pretty bang-on, the same goes for the higher end Mint Collections.

Personally I don't think total accuracy is a must, for it to be a great guitar. I can live with a few deviations from '59 spec.[/quote]

Totally agreed John! I wish my playing skills equaled my desire for historical accuracy :wink:

SUSHI GUY said:
Are you talkin about Fish & Chips??? My fav!!!!
Cool, you UK guys can eat 'em everyday. I wish.....

i'm pretty sure your life expectancy shrinks to 2 weeks if you eat it every day...

JohnA says...

"we do have some of the best F&C resteraunts in the country."

Tell me their names JohnA, I wanna check 'em out!

Mike.

Just got the message from TJ and he is sayin this to ya.

"Hey Mike how r u since? glad the catalog went cool and you seem to like it.
keep on helping the non-American guitars huh. You are the man, one of them.
Thanks. By the way, Cali feels real good! laters man! .....TJ."

Anyway, glad you like the catalog, good for you!.........Sushi Guy.

Whitby is not far from us and some of the nicest fish and chips to be had anywhere are the Magpie Cafe and Silver Street Fish & Chip Shop. Fish & Chips are better up north and taste even nicer by the sea: :D

Dave

Do the english fish and chip shops still sell battered fish with the skin on? Really put me off, though Im sure there not all are like that.

Keep coming north and try some fish and chips from Scotland, some amazing ones about.

If your not in the mood for fish you can try some of our other greats like - spicy haggis, smoked sausage or a king rib

Getting me hungry now!

3pupLPC said:
So all things considered, who do you guys think consistently made the most accurate production '59 burst repro back in the '80's MIJ glory days? Requirements would be things like:

2-pc center seam solid top (flame or plain)
1pc back
1 pc neck (no heel cap)
nitro
correct horn profile
correct headstock angle
FEB
Brazilian board
etc.

(Electronics are fuzzy... I would give extra points for quality original PAF repro rather than dropping in an SD or DiMarzio and deduct a little for Tokai circuit boards, but that's just me...)

Well, i would say, vintage LS-200, but has 18 deg pitch? not 17 deg pitch... :eek:

Back