lets see everyones LS150s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
_DSC0114.jpg

Beautiful guitar...do you agree it was worth the wait, you'll never need another Les Paul in your life. :)

Diamond ,
To be humbly honest I'm a bit beside myself!
it is a thing of the gods!
My mate who is long time Gibbo LP man ,has played and owned many was pacing around my room, saying how jealous he was and how it was the best LP he had ever played!
It is incredible!

Answer me one question though, It didn't have the smell of nitro at all, do they cap it with a layer of poly? it didn't have the Tokai laqquer sticker on the scratch guard either, at the end of the day it's still an amazing guitar anyway, I just want it to age so I really hope this is nitro.
Thanks

Tom

The nitro on my ES130 doesn't feel like nitro to me - none of that softness/stickiness I associate with nitro. It seems to me that the difference between the thin poly Tokai use on cheaper models & the nitro with poly undercoat they use on more expensive models is a very slight difference.

Tompski

None of my LS150/60s come with the Lacquer sticker, I think only the Japanese stores get them with a sticker.

stratman323 said:
The nitro on my ES130 doesn't feel like nitro to me - none of that softness/stickiness I associate with nitro. It seems to me that the difference between the thin poly Tokai use on cheaper models & the nitro with poly undercoat they use on more expensive models is a very slight difference.

Their thin Poly finish is extremely good...sometimes hard to tell the difference.
Although, the LS260 5A I got wasn't completely dry, it re-acted with the pink furry fabric in the case, I had to leave it out for a while and then polish it up.
It also reacted with the rubber on a stand, left some nasty marks on the body.
My tech has this very expensive car polish that the panel beaters use, amazing stuff, you apply a drop of it and polish in circles by hand, restores the finish to perfection and easy to do.

Great game coming up in 2 hours 26 minutes, England VS the USA...Marshall VS Mesa Boogie. :)

Well, they're both going to have to beat Algeria and Slovenia...and that's not going to be so easy, Algeria are a decent team.

Let's hope both Marshall and Mesa Boogie make it into the next round. :)

Btw, look out for Kei Nishikori at Wimbledon...he's the new Japanese sensation, a genius, IMO...and my nephew is his coach.

I ask the same question...perhaps they don't go beyond 10. ;)

Somethings not quite right in this England team, playing two wingers, Wright-Phillips and Lennon, and their best winger of the day was Johnson, their right back.

Bring in Joe Cole and let's win this thing.

Tompski said:
Hang on you're in South Africa !
So are you English then Diamond?

English speaking, yes, but a South African with some Israeli blood in me. :)

But, a huge English soccer supporter....of course supporting Bafana Bafana as well, the SAfrican team.

Gentlemen,

May I just say that this conversation would rightly fit better in the 'General discussion' forum where it can be continued at leisure without interrupting a thread. Not being a football fan it is hard enough to avoid the World Cup as it is.

Thanks

Chris

jawilluk said:
Gentlemen,

May I just say that this conversation would rightly fit better in the 'General discussion' forum where it can be continued at leisure without interrupting a thread. Not being a football fan it is hard enough to avoid the World Cup as it is.

Thanks

Chris

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And I was being very good by not saying that!

Latest posts

Back