lets see everyones LS150s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha was that a little dig at my grammar jawilluk!?

Does anyone know whether these guitars ship with the truss rod slackened or not, seems like further up the neck the action could come down a bit, but I don't really want to touch the truss rod if thats a bad idea, but I have adjusted truss rods on my other guitars so I know what I'm doing, but this is a different league, the shop it was delivered to said they set it up but I don't know if they went as far as the truss rod?
So any tips on action would be greatfully received.

Truss rod's do take a while to settle down so it may need some re-adjustment, but if the problem is 'higher up the neck' then it's probably not going to help.

I like my LP's with a low action and always set the minimum relief needed, I check the relief by holding down the bottom E at the 3rd & 15th fret and like to just see daylight above the 9th fret. If you know what you are doing don't be frightened of adjusting the truss rod, just take it easy 1/4 turn at a time and you'll be fine!

Tompski said:

Not at all Tompski. I hadn't even noticed. You had said 'Its a beautiful thing'. I was agreeing with and emphasising that: 'It is a beautiful thing!'

jawilluk said:
Tompski said:

Not at all Tompski. I hadn't even noticed. You had said 'Its a beautiful thing'. I was agreeing with and emphasising that: 'It is a beautiful thing!'

All good! Would have been quite funny anyway! :)

mine...
LS150.jpg

HSC ?
i wasnt sure

Rgds
Pete

This is the LS150 AAA Flametop...correct?
I call it the R9 killer.

looktoyourorb said:
Better late than never...

This is explicit LS150VF content:

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Correct.

This is the UK 2005 model with AAA flame top in violin finish, would not swap it for an R9 or all the tea in China but I will at some point look into getting a Gibby VOS.

Pictures taken after a long Jimmy Page workout btw as the wife likes a bit of Zeppelin. The color is a b*gger to capture, it nearly always turns cherry burst on the pics - in the flesh it look like a golden toast dipped in honey.

WOW!!!

Great photo, Alan.

In the next few weeks I have to have some banners made, for music store displays...I wouldn't mind using some hi res pics of your guitar...what you think?

Diamond said:
WOW!!!

Great photo, Alan.

In the next few weeks I have to have some banners made, for music store displays...I wouldn't mind using some hi res pics of your guitar...what you think?

No problem. I'm glad I took a few that day because I've already weathered up the pickup covers pretty good ;)

Just PM about the file formats and what not and I'll make sure the ones I send have cloned out the dust and crap on the backdrop :oops:

Back