Just won a Tokai ST 80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kitarist said:
I just opened up the case. OMG the guitar is beautiful!!! also i checked the amber pickups on their website which are hand wound and use original vintage wire. One pickup is 90 euro and i have a whole set!!! so thats around 240 euros without shipping just for the pickups!!! I also received original E pickups packed. (how much are they worth)

Thanks!!

Get off the forum and play the thing!! :wink:

Ok i'm back!!! we were at the place where we play. I plugged it in and the sound.. it was AMAZING!!! Really 3d sounding and also i played straight into a plexi and a tubescreamer and the sound was great. The guitar sounds like it has a reverb built in.I do like the neck but its not so soft feeling as on my Squier But when we compare a Squier And a Tokai oh my squier plays like crap and sounds like a crap while tokai just sings-.Anyway i'm posting a review soon. I'll only sell it if i find a better guitar :D :D

Hey TOGGPS why did you sell this guitar ? was it not so good as other ST 80 or you just sold it beause you needed the money for other stuff.

Yep... many new guitars dont have that 3d reverby sound :D :D the only thing thats not perfect is the neck.. it does feel amazing but its a little harder on the feel. I think its because of the strings because he put the heavy strings on.

Stick with the neck - you might find that you adapt to it very quickly. Getting it set up just right for you could make a difference.

Kitarist has asked me to post some pics of my ST80 - perhaps it's a bid to make this the longest thread ever on the forum? :lol: Anyway, here they are, with apologies to anyone who has seen them before. It was bought from villager, & then sold to me, so I hope Mark won't mind me using one of his pics - you can tell it's his by the wall behind!

152_5201c2.jpg

TokaiSpringyST-80Sunburst1980003.jpg

129_2928.jpg

151_5193c2.jpg

Back