Help to indentifu tele model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.

I honestly cant thank you enough for this, it's been very useful and informative.

I can't believe how slack Tokai are with keeping track of their products, especially with how good their guitars are.

I'm glad I have found the info out though as my dad would have been happy accepting the offer he was given.

Again, thank you for the help and you have a fantastic forum here.

You are very welcome.

And I don't think it is them being slack. Tokai evidently had OEM agreements with Fender during this time and their production was intentionally obscured because of the secrecy that required.

Your guitar was made during that period and got caught up in the fog created by that production.

Plus, the Japanese culture is intrinsically insular, and their primary market during this time was not in the West but the Japanese domestic market for their Fender production.

Ah right, explains it then and is understandable.

He's decided that he is going to keep hold of the guitar now, which I'm pleased about as it is lovely to play.

I have a Squier 60's classic vibe tele, which is quite nice, but this is a far superior guitar to that.

Back