'54, '74, '90, 2006...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will win the world cup 2006?

• Germany

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brasil

• Holland

• England

• Italy

• Argentina

• Spain

• Czech Republic

• Japan

• Total voters
Yet more games ruined by players diving, cheating and trying to get each other sent off. For me this is the worst WC in a while.

Best comment of the day goes to Alan "Shall I back into the defender and then fall over? or should I throw an elbow?" Shearer......"Maybe we're too honest"!!!!

bruno said:
gladly for us, Ricardo Carvalho, quickly got his balls together as usual, and off to play with france we go.
Doesn't "carvalho" mean "horse" anyway? ;) By the way, did you see the picture of that Argentinian player trying to kick Per Mertesacker in the balls after the end of the match against Germany? Jeez... :roll: But congrats to Portugal, Bruno, and I really regret that I couldn't fix the poll and include your team and France in the beginning. Nice to see how they became better and better over the tournament, too, and that Zidane still has his magic... 8)

Alpedra said:
No... "carvalho" means "oak" tree... :wink:
Even better...
deadhorse.gif

bruno,

you're in the semi-finals - I think you have a great team ... and the chance to make it!

... although it will be very hard for you to defeat France ...

Germany will not succeed over Italy, because the Italian press is now going on to deplete the German team.
It's curious that a soccer team will not be defeated on the field but by the boulevard press of the opponent ... that's not fair!

But - nevertheless the Germans would loose this match anyway by diving of Totti, Inzhagi & Co - so what - the Italiens were always better in playing act the dying swan ...

Roger

Unlucky Germany. To give not only one but two goals away with so little time to go was very sloppy.

Now then. Italy VS France or Portugal? I really fancy Portugal to create an upset and even go on and win it. I wonder what odds I'd get on that?

COME ON Portugal!!! :D

Well there goes France to the final, good game...

It'll be a previlege to play with Germany.

As for the final... GO SQUADRA AZZURA

Congratulations Germany, you totally deserved to win...

It's a **** shame that scolari almost never used Nuno Gomes, a great attacker that is able to go and get the ball from the medium offense, scolari might be great at motivating players, but in my opinion as far as tactics go he leaves a lot to be desired.

So congrats to Germany, and I hope Italy beats France tomorrow

bruno said:
Congratulations Germany, you totally deserved to win...
Thank you, Bruno, I've waited for those Schweinsteiger goals the whole tournament, because I knew he had it in him. :D Too bad that he waited until the Portugal match to score three of them, just one of those against Italy and... :roll:

It's a **** shame that scolari almost never used Nuno Gomes, a great attacker that is able to go and get the ball from the medium offense, scolari might be great at motivating players, but in my opinion as far as tactics go he leaves a lot to be desired.
I wonder why Figo only played the last 15 minutes, because he prepared the only goal for Portugal with a very good pass.

Everyone is very happy how the championship went now, because the 3rd place for the host is a good result after all. I think Germany made some new friends in the football world, too. Even Holland cheered for us, and I've heard that some English fans murmured something similar as well! :eek: Probably they only wanted Portugal to lose... :lol:

Today at 12:00am the "Klinsmannschaft" will meet the fans again in Berlin on the public viewing mile at the Brandenburg gate, and this will be another highlight with about 1 million people celebrating in the streets.

Concerning the final I would like to see Grandpa Zidane winning the cup, also because I could end my self-imposed pizza ban then... :wink:

By the way, the Sportfreunde Stiller song went #1 in Germany after we had lost against Italy. In the meantime they have recorded a new version of it: "'54, '74, '90, 2010..." :lol:

I think Germany totally deserved it, probably even deserved more, a final would be a suitable reward for their effort, Figo said goodbye to the portuguese team (because of his age), and because he playing almost full time every game hes was too tired and only made the second half yesterday.
Scolari made the crucial mistake of not using Nuno Gomes (which is a great scorer) during the competition, no one is quite sure why.

There are still two points that I don't understand though, why Ronald gets booed everytime he gets the ball, he's a great player, that has matured quite a bit during this tournament, especially in his atitude. I also don't understand why portugal is still seen as an ugly duck...

I must also say, the quality of footbal seen in this tournament was terrible, and would like to cheer all the teams, except for france and holland, france for their cinicism, holland for their lack of fair play.

Fifa is also a organ from which people will walk away with a very bad idea, after all they have a president who makes public statements and then changes his mind, to me tht clearly shows his lack of leadership and confidence... and Fifa is the one to blame for most of the unpleasant situations during the competition.

I would have loved to see my team in the final, I would also have loved to see germany, england, argentina, mexico or brazil in the final, this wasn't possible, so good luck to italy

:wink:

bruno said:
I would have loved to see my team in the final, I would also have loved to see germany, england, argentina, mexico or brazil in the final, this wasn't possible, so good luck to italy

:wink:
Hmm, it seems my personal pizza ban will have to continue for a while... ;)

french said portuguese were savages in news papers, a portuguese was even killed with a shot to the head in paris after celebrating for passing the game with england, figo was named violent for hitting another player with his head... Well in the end we all get what we deserve...

Congratulations Squadra Azzura :wink:

Thank you Germany for the world cup games, arenas looked fantastic and matches were well organized. That's german effiency, I quess :D.

Did Zizu make the critical error? We never know.

Italians were better in the final!!

Where are next wc games played in 2010?

Yeah Joukov, the stadium were great, and the organization too, that part did deliver, so thanks germany, great hosts

joukov said:
Thank you Germany for the world cup games, arenas looked fantastic and matches were well organized. That's german effiency, I quess :D.
No, that's perfection, efficiency is to score the one and only goal in the 92nd minute, or hand the goal keeper an empty piece of paper before the penalty shoot-out that he could read right before the next penalty... :wink: :lol:

But seriously we are happy that there were no problems with hooligans or other dumb asses during the whole tournament which was also "organized" by a very good security concept and team work of the police forces from the different countries.

Last but not least we surprised ourselves by playing so good which caused an enormous enthusiasm and support for the team in our country.

Did Zizu make the critical error? We never know.
I think yes, because France looked like the winner during that phase while Italy was exhausted and no longer able to organize some effective forward moves.

Where are next wc games played in 2010?
South Africa, and the next European Championship 2008 in Austria and Switzerland.

Latest posts

Back