'54, '74, '90, 2006...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will win the world cup 2006?

• Germany

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brasil

• Holland

• England

• Italy

• Argentina

• Spain

• Czech Republic

• Japan

• Total voters
joukov said:
Sorry, Bruno. Your team doesn't stand a chance. :lol:

Deco, expert of diving and playing dirty.
Figo is too lazy to play 90 minutes.
C. Ronaldo spends more time in front of mirror doing his hair than on the pitch. I think he might do better in some other team than ManU.

They just don't play as a team, too big egos.
But that is just my opinion. :eek:

I might add that it's so easy to criticize other teams when Finland won't even make it through to the European or World Championship finals in this century. :D :cry:

ahah I'll give you that, as a team, they usually fail...

I don't like cristiano ronaldo a bit lol... but figo is still one of our top players, and handles a 90 minute game... deco doesn't play dirty at all, deco drives the team, the only time he plays dirty is when the cirurgical cuts might be necessary, every team does it...

however it's more than obvious we're not going to win the cup, not even close, I'm not even sure we'll cut it against iran or mexico, like you said, the egos are huge within that team :(

hans I have some faith in japan too... your country played nicely against costa rica, nice result to start the cup...

brazil is in a whole diferent level, I saw a few games of them before the cup, it amazes me how naturally they can pass and drible even among the other team defense, brilliant... maybe argentina can put up a fight, but then again footbal is full of surprises

bruno said:
hans I have some faith in japan too...
Until the 80th minute everything looked good... :wink:

your country played nicely against costa rica, nice result to start the cup...
Yes, if they can keep up this spirit, i.e. don't care at all about goals against them and just score another great one, they might surprise us all. :D

your first and fourth goals against costa rica were nothing short of amazing... and from mid-distance too, a really good start to the cup.

At the moment the whole country is on cloud 9 (well, almost... 22 million TV viewers on Friday), not only because of the good start for our own team, but also because everything went well with the championship, no hooligans, no neo-nazis, no terrorists, just a big marshmallow pile of good fun and sport. :) And on Wednesday our team captain Michael Ballak will come back to the team... :wink:

hans-j?rgen said:
At the moment the whole country is on cloud 9 (well, almost... 22 million TV viewers on Friday), not only because of the good start for our own team, but also because everything went well with the championship, no hooligans, no neo-nazis, no terrorists, just a big marshmallow pile of good fun and sport. :) And on Wednesday our team captain Michael Ballak will come back to the team... :wink:

yeah you could notice he was quite inpatient in the bench... must be hard to see the team play, and not to be a part of it...

I didn`t think the United States qualified for the World Cup Then I heard they were beat 3 zip from the"children of the poor"?. Really the Czech Republic which isn`t poor and is a very good team but the USA never wins at mens soccer no matter what country they play . Wrong type of football.
Go Dallas Mavericks 2 down 2 to go! :D

It makes me laugh how the FA seeding system works.
Czech Republic are currently seed 2nd and USA 5th!

BTW. I can't wait until England start facing the big guns.

To play Germany will give me a lot of pleasure. I just hope we can repeat the 5-1 whitewash we dealt to them back in 2002.

hans-j?rgen said:
stratmoto said:
I voted for Brasil.
Only because the Socceroos are not included.
:lol: Nenenenene... :lol:

I know they will do their best, and maybe beat Japan, but I think Brasil will eat them for dinner.
Actually I included Japan not only because this is the Tokai forum, but also because they are probably one of the most underrated underdogs who almost won a test match against Germany a few days ago. So watch out for those MIJ Samurais! And all the best for Australia... :wink:

Socceroos 3 ~ Samurais 1

Oooh yeah!!

You really deserved that win.

I'm glad to see the likes of Schwarzer, Viduka and Kewell getting what they deserve.

You'd better be careful or you risk getting into the next round! :wink:

I don't want to say anything and jinx them.

I think that, deep down inside, all the boys have something to prove.

It's incredible down here. Just about everybody has a socceroo flag flying from their car.

Any sporting performance is a good metaphor for life. I don't think they will go down without giving "110%" and then some.

If they don't win, then the other team must have wanted it extremely badly, and that's part of the excitement.

Don't forget, we have to qualify through the South American teams, and it has taken around 20 years to get there.

well i had to teach my japanese students tonight.....never seen em looking so depressed.

Yes,the boys living here were sad too.They really are great football fans,in fact they want to become professional players and some of them have a great individual technique......I remember Koji was fantastic and he played professional in Portugal second division two years ago.....

Hey Peter it seems Viduka was strong enough :D .Congrats! Bad luck Equador was not qualified instead of Paraguay :wink:

Hans,now Spain has got one vote! :lol:

luis said:
Hey Peter it seems Viduka was strong enough :D .Congrats! Bad luck Equador was not qualified instead of Paraguay :wink:

Thanks luis, we will take a win any way we can get them. Maybe it will get down to Spain v Australia.

That would be one for the books :D

Peter

incredible thought how japan's luck changed in a couple of minutes...

their first goal was iregular too... australia didn't deserve to loose, but japan also didn't deserve to have been beaten by 3 goals...

I think today it's brazil's turn

luis said:
Bad luck Equador was not qualified instead of Paraguay :wink:
Equador is in our group besides Costa Rica and Poland which lost 0:2 against them.

Hans,now Spain has got one vote! :lol:
Right, so you decided to change your mind, great! :wink: By the way, since there is South Korea playing right now, I guess there's also a South Korean referee in the tournament. So you know what will happen, don't you? :wink:

:eek: 2:1 for South Korea, after they looked like the loser for most of the game... These South Korean girls in the stadium are really pretty, remind me of my younger days... :oops:

Don`t forget the Lord Stanley`s Cup is going on too. The Oilers against Carolina For all you from Canada and all the frozen countries. If Carolina wins theCup. They will catch more #***** than the Dallas Stars did when they won the Cup.
GO MAVS!

Err...I hate diving more than most but that was most defintely not a dive.....for a change!!!

Latest posts

Back