1982 SS70S

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATO

Reaction score
Spotted for sale in the UK. Can't be many of these about.

Here we have for sale a very rare special edition model from the golden era of Japanese guitars. Part of the Tokai 1982 Special Limited Products catalog, the SS70 (Special strat) model is based on the rare and highly collectible Fender "The Strat" guitar of the early 80s. It features a walnut finish body with matching finished neck and headstock, stunning Brazilian Rosewood fretboard and all brass hardware.
Only 50 of these models were ever made and nowadays they are selling for upwards of £1000 and rising. This one is priced considerably less due to having been modded at some point with a Ritchie Blackmore style Scalloped fretboard. Apart from that it is all original and in good condition with typical wear for its age, no breaks or repairs and plenty of life left in the frets.
Comes with a Fender American Elite Series Hard Case (case has a few external cracks but is otherwise fully functional).

Specifications
Walnut finish Body
Maple Neck
Medium "C" profile
Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard
21x Medium Jumbo Frets
Brass hardware
High mass brass tremolo bridge,
3 way switch
1 volume, 2 x tone controls
Matching Headstock
3 x Tokai "U" Pickups
Fender
Elite Hard case
dgdVdEM.png
8lJ1P1i.png
i9RoXas.png
gTHh3U8.png
jYFTABn.png
tbOvvXz.png
r9hZdLh.jpeg

Only 100 made in each color. Pretty wild.

The knock on them is that they are heavy from what I hear.

Back