Tokai Effects/ The Crash Course

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

D

Reaction score
New to the Board! Hello!

I need a crash course in Tokai effects. I have a local shop selling two (silver) tokai pedals, a delay and a chorus. As I dont know anything about Tokai fx I just wanted to hear some plus and minus comments, before purchasing them...

ei.. quality, do they suck tone, break easy, good investment, or anything else you think a noob should know..etc etc

Thanks!
David.

D

Reaction score
Bump!

Are Tokai pedals a good investment?

I am also looking at the Ibanez 9 series re-issues, can anyone make a comparison?

Finally whats the difference between the black and silver Tokai pedals?

Thanks,
D.

hans-j?rgen

Reaction score
Hi D, it seems no one knows anything about Tokai pedals here. I usually stumble across them when digging through the old catalogs, but that is already all I know. I think Tokai started selling them in the mid '80s, and rumour has it they are manufactured by Boss or another Japanese FX company of that time.

luis

Reaction score
If by investement you mean eraning a lot of money I think not,altough all Tokai things had going up in price from some time ago.....
Those silver series are the first series I think and a very good bang for the buck but they're commanding higher and higher prices.Take them if the price is correct to you,they are very well made and robust.....

D

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, sounds like they are a preference buy, more than anything. Ill have to some more reading before I pull the trigger on them.

Thanks for the input fellas!
David.

marc

Reaction score
Hi allz
i actually own a Tokai TCH-1 chorus pedal
it s a great chorus, all analog, somewhat a bit like a Boss CE-2 but with stereo output. If you find them cheap , buy them!!!!!!!
The chorus sounds great and heard only goods things about the delay.

Guitargoblin

Reaction score
I had a silver Tokai overdrive pedal, which I sold. It was similar to an Ibanez TS-9, ie harsh midrange spike which I didn't much care for. Good sustain though. I still have a Tokai compressor which is actually very nice sounding but unfortunately sucks tone, clarity & volume when in bypass mode. That was also the case with the overdrive.

luis

Reaction score
TCH-1 is softer than CE-2.I own both besides a TD-1 a delay which now is comanding really high money,last time I checked it was 29.000 YEN WORTH...Really good effects in my book.

Latest posts