• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 2000 Tokai LS-320 VF & original case

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
decided to keep this one around, at least for the foreseeable future :D

don't play it much at all, it's a bit over my weight preference and the neck thickness is quite slim for my tastes but the sonic signature of these unpotted Alnico 2 Seth Lover pickups is unlike any guitar in my collection (y)

I don't keep any guitars that I don't play regularly ;)
I currently own right at 40 guitars; I can only play one at a time

some folks collect, some play; I do both

some folks get hung up on price; I don't

it's a good thing people are all different because if we were all the same the world would be quite boring

we're all glad you're different; me included .......

I have more guitars than I play. They seem to suit different moods and sometimes it takes years for me to be in that mood again. When I am it is nice to still be able to grab that guitar. I have sold quite a few of those that I wish that I had back when the mood strikes me. Some guitars are just like that. In fact, I got that feeling just looking at some of the Staffords you have Homer. Even though I have never played one. They look amazing. Especially the FES and FGC models

Kurosawa and Terada

37062-eecdc408464969d4878ef0ea07dc4f73.png

45825-9758c535321b204aa38b4a148733ca2f.png

I have more guitars than I play. They seem to suit different moods and sometimes it takes years for me to be in that mood again. When I am it is nice to still be able to grab that guitar. I have sold quite a few of those that I wish that I had back when the mood strikes me.

When I was 11 years old I joined the orchestra class but I joined two weeks after all of the other students started. I've been late to every party for my entire life. LOL
The class instructor asked what instrument I wanted to learn and I replied, "I would like to learn to play the violin." The instructor said, "we all ready have all of these students learning violin; how about cello?"
So, reluctantly I agreed to play cello. All of the instruments were provided by the school district and there were at least half a dozen cellos but they were all different. There was one particular cello that was pretty much 'better' sounding than all of the others and I some how managed to be matched with that instrument for the entire school year.

A very similar scenario occurred the following three school years at my junior high school. One cello of about 10 cellos available had a sonic edge to it and it played fantastic; it just had that something extra, or as we say in Louisiana, lagniappe. It was so much different than the other available cellos and again I luckily was matched with it for three years.

Guitars can be that way also but IMO guitars are quite a different animal than a cello. For one thing I never brought a cello home from school to practice at home as cellos are too large IMO to be carting around. If I could have played violin I would have brought one home every day and then I could have driven my parents and my siblings nutty. :D Besides all that cellos are all quite similar where as guitars can be quite dissimilar. Guitars are a lot more fun than cellos and way cooler. At age 15 I gave up four years of playing cello and I returned to playing guitar. It was the right move at the right time.

Some guitars have one or two things other guitars don't have, other guitars have a lot of things that other guitars don't have but they are all different. For guitar collectors that like to play and for guitar players that like to collect it's nice to have such a wide variety of guitars to choose from. I started learning guitar at age 9 and all I wanted to do was to play guitar. As time has gone by over the decades I also became interested in collecting. Guitars do suit different moods and guitars also suit different playing styles. I own a couple of Teles and I don't ever recall playing any Michael Schenker or UFO tunes on my Teles; I guess I could start? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back