Kent Armstrong Pickups in Tokai ES-60 335

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muttleynet

Reaction score
Have any of you tried after market pickups in an ES-60?

I have just replaced the pickups in my ES-60 with a pair of HPAN-01 PAF's from Kent Armstrong and have to say that first impressions are very promising. These were supplied with nickel covers and are wax potted as standard. I wont have the opportunity to wind these up to gig levels for a couple of weeks but at lower volumes there is already a noticable lift in the warmth of the tone for cleans and the clarity and definition of notes when being overdriven. These pickups are not supplied with separate models for bridge and neck, however they actually work well in both positions. In fact I like the way that there is not a vast range of extremes between the neck and bridge - personally this gives me 3 very usable tones (I have quite often found with the SD '59 and JB combo that I end up with one usable sound which is the mixed position).

I mainly play through a class A Laney LC-30 but these even made my solid state Orange Crush 10w amp sound quite special.

I havent ever had the experience of playing an original PAF - and I'm guessing that few people actually have :wink: but I can say that these comapare very favourably with likes of SD, Dimarzio etc. (and are just about half the price).

Latest posts

Back