Just bought a 1981 LS-60.... what can I expect?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh sure, the big V8s sound good. Just a shame the cars won't go round corners. :lol:

In the rest of the world, we find that useful.

stratman323 said:
Oh sure, the big V8s sound good. Just a shame the cars won't go round corners. :lol:

I think you're in denial....must of had a bad V8 experience as a young lad. :wink:

Here's an entertaining little clip from one of my favorite movies - The Gumball Rally - with a Cobra showing a little agility and holding it's own against a Ferrari:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnl4Y-nYdJE

Marcus - it's Hollywood! Hollywood thinks that US soldiers found the Enigma machine. :roll:

The engines are cool (if fuel is at US prices), it's the 19th century suspension & chassis that let's down US cars.

The coolest car of my youth - a 1974 Jenson Interceptor:

1974-Jensen-Interceptor.jpg

Italian design, British built, US 6.3 (later 7.2) litre V8. Sounded nicer than anything except a Strat. :lol: Whether it went around corners any better than an American car I don't know, but I'd love to find out.

Nope more like a 1965 covair front end-

I like that view up above better stratman !!

Hey ya go>>
orchid1.jpg

LPChain said:
Very interesting. The Joe Walsh Pic is pretty cool.

Well, my GM Les Paul is a weapon. Really a good guitar.
Maybe I can tune the LS-60 with a Faber Bridge, other Caps & other Pickups. Therefore your opinion is very interesting for me.
Does everybody knows the pickups which are in my bought Love Rock?

Greetz!

I have a '80 LS50 reborn old, I changed pots (CTS), caps (NOS PIO), pickups (Fibenare handwound), put on Faber tailpiece and Faber kit. I also put new frets.
result: fantastic player. Big difference. Guitar beats Les Paul custom '83 ;)

hi ochay!

Just out of curiosity: could you please post some pics of the chairs of your car? :D Any stripes?

Cheers! R

Wow. A lot of answers.... but a lot out off topic....

Here I go:

http://www.wiesmann-mf.com/gtstart.html

German Engineering at it`s best. And YESSS - of course: GERMAN DESIGN !

Have a look! :eek:

Last, but not least: the fabulous BMW-heart inside of it.
A classic buyable today. ****, that I not have enough money left for this car.

btw: someone with some statement about my topic ? :)

back on-topic, that LS60 looks fantastic!!

congrats

LS60 is a better built gtr than any stock gibson other than maybe an historic

take it apart & see how much more accurate it is to '50's specs....the wiring channel is drilled thru from the control jack, as they did it in the '50's....this leaves a LOT more wood on the gtr than the ugly, massive square channel gibson routes out of the bodies before the tops go on.

also....no weight relief holes....the mahagony is better quality & lighter....this is why G drills holes in hte new ones, the lighter mahag costs more & they reserve it for historics

back when gibby's were ply bodies the tokais blew them outta the water

only diff between the LS60 & higher end old tokais is the 2 piece back, I believe. LS50 had a 3 piece back.

the pups aren't great though...put some wolfetones in there & you will be amazed. seymour duncan's even sound like crap to me now, except for the seth lover, which isn't bad.

also the inlaywork on the fretboard can be sloppy on the tokai's but yours looks great

Latest posts

Back