Interesting Looking ESP/Seymour Duncan Tele

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bluejeannot said:
No,Ben I`m the guy that brings the teas and coffees round on the trolley. :) Gabe.

That's good to know Gabe - you'll be popular at our do in Leeds in a couple of weeks.

:wink:

Looks like that Tele needs a fret-job?

Mike

I think a fret dress should be O.K. Mike,the frets are Gibson types ,which is an interesting experience on a tele.Gabe. :)

Looks lovely :D Is that one coming to Leeds?

Had some trouble with the links so posting your pic

PICT0011.jpg

Dave

http://www.terra.dti.ne.jp/~kaztak/duncanst/duncanst.htm Here`s another lovely Onkyo Sound Lab/Duncan.Gabe.

Clearly an ancient thread, but I just started getting into Seymour Duncan gtrs and was wondering what the guitar looked like that was referenced at the beginning of this discussion. I can piece together that it was a tele, red and has P90s because it is said to be like a Moon Reggae Master. A link was provided, but the Wayback Machine didn't archive it.
I ask because I might have that guitar.
Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks guys-- I appreciate it.
Although on this gtr the headstock says Seymour Duncan, one thing that threw me off was there being no Seymour Duncan stamp on the bare wood of the neck joint.
The body joint is totally unmarked. It's plain, bare wood, but the neck has a handwritten marking in Japanese that says "Duncan" (in katakana) and ("measured" to fit Duncan) in kanji followed by a K in a circle.
I thought the body was one piece, but it you look very closely, it's a two-piecer.
It was buzzing a bit too much for me, but that was remedied with a maple shim.
(I removed a super thin cardboard shim I found when I took the gtr apart.)
The pickups were wound by Maricela Juarez, the manager of the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop.

Attachments

• showing belly cut.jpg
    showing belly cut.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1
  • top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks-- it's the perfect tele for me (belly cut, P90s, rosewood fretboard).
Sure-- here are some more photos.

Attachments

• Duncan Neck K.PNG
    Duncan Neck K.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
  • gtr in case cropped.JPG
    gtr in case cropped.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Headstock smaller photo.JPG
    Headstock smaller photo.JPG
    361.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Truss rod end with writing.JPG