Have the UK 150's arrived yet?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, it was Coda. Said they hadn't left Japan yet, despite hearing from Bob at Tokai that they were on their way.....Doubt a container load of not-yet-left Tokai's can get to the UK in a week.....

tezza-j said:
Yep, it was Coda. Said they hadn't left Japan yet, despite hearing from Bob at Tokai that they were on their way.....Doubt a container load of not-yet-left Tokai's can get to the UK in a week.....

Especially without any tops to go with them either....

Guys,

it doesn't help you to get your guitars in time ... but I want you to accept my deep sympathy !! :-?

On April 4th, I've cancelled my order with Coda because I've changed my mind and bought an old LS150 instead directly from Japan. Inspiration ??? 8) Think it was !!!

After all - I've done the right thing - especially when I am reading all the posts of that thread and see you guys longing for your LS150s not knowing if they are really finished or even built!!

What's going on there??? :cry:
Did you think about making the sellers responsible for the default??? In Germany we have the chance - after a certain while, it depends on the possibility to give an adequate substitute for the delay (e.g. a similar guitar) - and if this is not possible, to claim a compensation money (after 2 or 3 weeks of delay).

I think you all have paid already a certain amount to your sellers for ensuring your order (as I also did before cancelling my order and they did actually charge my account although I've cancelled already and collected the difference in exchange rate!!! - it was a brashness IMO !) - they are working with your money in the meantime and they wouldn't surely give a **** about your fate!!

So - what will you do now??? Waiting until the end of the world ??

I would prefer to act - not to re - act !! :wink:
Try to get some money back for that desaster - and the sellers will never sell guitars in the future without having them really !!

Good luck!!
Roger

tudor said:
Guys,

it doesn't help you to get your guitars in time ... but I want you to accept my deep sympathy !! :-?

On April 4th, I've cancelled my order with Coda because I've changed my mind and bought an old LS150 instead directly from Japan. Inspiration ??? 8) Think it was !!!

After all - I've done the right thing - especially when I am reading all the posts of that thread and see you guys longing for your LS150s not knowing if they are really finished or even built!!

What's going on there??? :cry:
Did you think about making the sellers responsible for the default??? In Germany we have the chance - after a certain while, it depends on the possibility to give an adequate substitute for the delay (e.g. a similar guitar) - and if this is not possible, to claim a compensation money (after 2 or 3 weeks of delay).

I think you all have paid already a certain amount to your sellers for ensuring your order (as I also did before cancelling my order and they did actually charge my account although I've cancelled already and collected the difference in exchange rate!!! - it was a brashness IMO !) - they are working with your money in the meantime and they wouldn't surely give a **** about your fate!!

So - what will you do now??? Waiting until the end of the world ??

I would prefer to act - not to re - act !! :wink:
Try to get some money back for that desaster - and the sellers will never sell guitars in the future without having them really !!

Good luck!!
Roger

Hmmm.... valid post. All purchasers have a statutory right to cancel their order and have their deposit returned so I am sure they could do, especially in this situation.

They would have paid a deposit though to secure the guitar. As there is such a limted number of these guitars coming into the UK, and no one seems to know if they'll even make them again, leaving a deposit would have seemed a good idea. Cancelling the order quite possibly means you will never get one of these guitars... not new anyway!

Personally, I am writing from the perspective of a dealer waiting for the two that I ordered back in March! These were the only two not already pre-sold to someone else (mostly Coda).

It is extremely frustrating because these are great guitars and I want one in stock!

The dealers are equally as frustrated as the purchasers!!!!!

I see Coda have updated their site to read 'End of July' now. How many more times will they have to change the **** date?

They're selling some nice LS75 relics for a whopping ?750 a piece too. They're nice but not that nice!

Jamieh,

I didn't want to offend you, neither as a member of the forum nor as a dealer who is also waiting for his guitars ... please believe me!!

But i can't understand what is going on in your country (which I really love because I lived there for one year!!) and where the responsible people hide ... without answers on the questions!! :-?

Roger

I guess it?s not easy to get a big quatities batch of LS150s,they need to have very good specs as mine(one of the first made). I hope it end allright and people could get one of these models....

tudor said:
Jamieh,

I didn't want to offend you, neither as a member of the forum nor as a dealer who is also waiting for his guitars ... please believe me!!

But i can't understand what is going on in your country (which I really love because I lived there for one year!!) and where the responsible people hide ... without answers on the questions!! :-?

Roger

No offense taken mate, no worries!

I agree with you. It's very hard to pin down where the source of teh problem is though.... every one in the supply chain is blaming everyone else and all we dealers can do is keep pestering Tokai Uk!!!

Just got back from holiday - hoping to have a LS 150 to collect - Ok... I'll now adjust my sights to mid August (I wonder if that'll be the 15th or 16th!!)

Is this a good time to mention I still have my 2006 Wine Red LS-150 for sale? I put a little ding in the top so would be looking for about ?625, with the Tokai case too......

I got an email saying coda "should have details of the shipment in the next week". that was last week so I'm checking my inbox every half an hour.

Latest posts

Back