First REAL proof that Edwards' are actually MIJ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zepping said:
There are several plantations in SE Asia where they are growing and harvesting Honduras Mahogany. I guess it grows well there. :wink:

Real Honduras Mahog in Edwards, it's possible... :D

Surely Honduras Mahogany is mahogany grown in, erm, Honduras?

:-? :eek:

stratman323 said:
zepping said:
There are several plantations in SE Asia where they are growing and harvesting Honduras Mahogany. I guess it grows well there. :wink:

Nah, it'd just be a species of tree, grow it anywhere and it's still the same species. I'm just happy to know that my Edwards now has a 1-piece Honduran Mahogany body and neck. I think I might put it on Ebay for $5,000. 8)

SUSHI GUY said:
:) welcome to the tokai forum bonbon-man, r u now officially in here?

Joe, if you are gracious enough to say I am welcome here, I humbly say, "Thank You!" I will always try to help if I can.

I have to admit, the people here REALLY know their sh . . . um, stuff.

youami said:
Nah, it'd just be a species of tree, grow it anywhere and it's still the same species. I'm just happy to know that my Edwards now has a 1-piece Honduran Mahogany body and neck. I think I might put it on Ebay for $5,000. 8)

i bet eric johnson can hear the different SE Asian soil composition, though.

youami said:
stratman323 said:
zepping said:

Soooo, I'm not the only dreamer here?

:lol:

Honduras mahogany is grown in around 30 other countries, BUT the timber quality will probably never be the same as it takes an extremely long time to grow a 150-160 foot tree that will have excellent "old" growth timber. These plantation trees are cut down at about 10-15 years, very immature for a mahogany tree. The reason is that most of the plantation wood goes into furniture making, so it doesn't need to be resonant.

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Honduras mahogany is grown in around 30 other countries, BUT the timber quality will probably never be the same as it takes an extremely long time to grow a 150-160 foot tree that will have excellent "old" growth timber. These plantation trees are cut down at about 10-15 years, very immature for a mahogany tree. The reason is that most of the plantation wood goes into furniture making, so it doesn't need to be resonant.

Mick

:wink: this is very true. they cut the trees too early before the trees grow fully old, adult, matured, classic......they cant wait hundreds of years today ofcourse and we can guess why. time and money and demands are all waiting to be done everyday.......joe.

SUSHI GUY said:
leadguitar_323 said:

Mick

:wink: this is very true. they cut the trees too early before the trees grow fully old, adult, matured, classic......they cant wait hundreds of years today ofcourse and we can guess why. time and money and demands are all waiting to be done everyday.......joe.

:cry:

ah, my Ed is still a great guitar!

Back