Fendai mark 2

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainblack

Reaction score
Not sure if I mentioned this before. I got a Tokai Super Edition body from Ebay earlier this year so I went about pulling together another Fendai. The body has the jack socket on the side and had been routed for a 2 pivot trem so I was limited to what I could do with it to a certain extent. I upgraded to locking gold tuners, heavy gold 2 pivot trem, Squire neck and matching tortoise shell scratch etc. Still to fill some holes and wire it up but you get the gist.

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04019.jpg

DSC04021.jpg

Nice one Ian!

I'm having trouble taking photos of Olympic White, so I plan on trying a black background. Should I have the camera set for fluorescent light with low energy light bulbs?

I don't get that bridge Ian. It looks like like there's something missing where it's supposed to pivot at the treble end.

I was wondering about the bridge myself, I have one exactly the same (exept chrome) on an old ashton classic I have just done up as a project, It looks like part of yours has been snapped off.

Do you know who makes those bridges?
P1000022.jpg

P1000025.jpg

Yes, it does lok a bit odd as there is a curve between the two pivot points and it is not under tension so is a bit out from the post. The trem was from Papa D on ebay, I think it is chinese. he is very reasonable and always has good diagrams and dimensions.

I took another shot of the body code which shows the colour is Snow White and the body is routed for 3 humbuckers - was this the same with all Super editions?

Thanks for your comments

DSC04028.jpg

The project is nearing completion. Just got to solder up jack socket (side fitted) and trem earthing and drill holes for screws. Spec is Chinese Squire neck, Tokai super edition body (3 humbucker routed body). Someone had routed it for 2 pivot trem requiring filling of remaining 4 screw holes and fitting of a chinese heavy gold plated trem. Locking tuners (chinese), loaded tortoise shell scratchplate (chinese). Just working on trem set up (required a little scratchplate removal) but floats nicely with pretty low action that may warrant a professional set up. Looks nice anyway.

DSC04215.jpg

DSC04217.jpg

DSC04220.jpg

So I replaced the trem and went for a fender brass scratch plate. But the latest change was a better Squier neck from a show master. Not only gold logo to match hard wear but reverse. Twisted!

ebcc3a7365cd62b8e61da0a49e603e22_zpspw9vbgvc.jpg

Latest posts

Back