A pair of aces

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axchisler

Reaction score
LS custom Koa arrived today, pics don't do it enough justice. Very stunning;

100_0247.jpg

100_0248.jpg

100_0262.jpg

100_0252.jpg

Nice curves...
100_0256.jpg

That looks absolutely stunning. What do you reckon to the sound of the koa? Does it make much difference?

Bought a koa backed acoustic a little while ago and absolutely love it. Has a very crisp, clear and focused sound ? when you hit a chord, you hear each string individually, or at least get that impression.

WOW!
Nice guitar! that koa top tokai looks a utterly fantastic guitar,not anything like the ones i have seen before in sale$ pictures of tokai koa tops.
What weight does it come in at!

Have to say the first and second picture are almost HD quality,have they been photoshopped by any chance :eek:

MOJO HOBO

BlueThird said:
That looks absolutely stunning. What do you reckon to the sound of the koa? Does it make much difference?

Bought a koa backed acoustic a little while ago and absolutely love it. Has a very crisp, clear and focused sound ? when you hit a chord, you hear each string individually, or at least get that impression.

Hey thanks BlueThird

Well, it's kinda hard to tell right now as it came with Gibson Classic 57 pickups, which too me sound very bright compared to the MKII's in the Sunburst. The seller described Koa as being warmer than maple and brighter than mahogany, well really just about anything is :wink:

mojo hobo said:
WOW!
Nice guitar! that koa top tokai looks a utterly fantastic guitar,not anything like the ones i have seen before in sale$ pictures of tokai koa tops.
What weight does it come in at!

Have to say the first and second picture are almost HD quality,have they been photoshopped by any chance :eek:

MOJO HOBO

Thanks again for the compliments! It's right around 9 pounds, maybe a little less.

All the pics were done with a Kodak MX1063, 10.3 Megapixel. An $80 Christmas special at Target last year. (Got one for my son too :wink: ).

No editing at all, the blurry ones I imagine might have been focusing on something in the background or not enough light. I was really impressed with the first two as well. Camera's can be so finicky, direct sunlight was a whitewash, these were when a cloud passed over 8) .

Thanks again MOJO

Latest posts

Back