Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trade Fenders for Tokai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Davis
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some really nice Telecasters and a nice Strat for trade for a Japan Love Rock. A Goldtop would be great with Humbuckers.

Let me know what you have I have lots of pictures.

nakamichi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied to your earlier message but confirm it here. If you like Love Rocks you'll love mine - no Epiphoney headstock or "cut off" cutaway.

I bought the Tokai for ?599 last July with a Hiscox fitted case thrown in. I bought a pair of Seymour Duncan "Pearly Gates" zebras at the same time as I was told by the sharp salesman that they would be better than the PAFIIs. I can tell you that's absolute bollocks and the Tokai pickups are nearer to 1960s Gibson PAFs than the higher output but less interesting sounding Seymours. The Tokai originals are back on the guitar! (Want a pair of very expensive Seymours??)

I did, however, replace the machine heads with Kluson Vintage Tulips - a definite improvement on the Tokai machines.

I played a 1976 Telecaster in a studio last week and it gave me serious nostalgia. I WANT one. I guess Ive always been a Fender player at heart.

Regards

Brian
Mark Davis
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold all my Fenders so dont have any for trades anymore. But I have cash waiting for a nice Tokai GT or Flametop in the USA or an Orville by Gibson Les Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: