• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

for sale Orville by Gibson ES-335 and Dove Acoustic Electric

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess-Isabela

Reaction score
for sale two amazing guitars, highly collectible - Orville by Gibson (Made in Japan), for those who don't know (Gibson's first name was Orville),
incredible craftmanship that exceeds american gibsons sold today(they're not as as good as they used to be).

models I have for sale are:

1.Orville by Gibson ES-335, comes with hard case, Serial Number: G894229, year of production - 1988, price ~ $1,300
guitar is in good cosmetic condition, it has slight scratches, light wear that can be seen under light but considering its age it looks very good.
there are no cracks or anything like that, all parts are original and nothing was exchanged(these guitars have Gibson USA pickups as they were produced under Gibson label).
guitar works beautifully, it has excellent and rich sound, sounds as gibsons made in the 60's:

pictures:

es335incase1.jpg

es335headstock2.jpg

es335center7.jpg

es335onapillow2.jpg

es335centerupside6.jpg

es335neck8.jpg

es335back5.jpg

es335onapillow4.jpg

2.Orville by Gibson Dove Acoustic-Electric (which means you can also hook it up to the amplifier), comes with hard case, Serial Number: AG205081, year of production 1992, price ~ $1,400
absolutely beautiful guitar, fantastic condition:
once again, no cracks or anything like that - it was very well preserved over the years!
it has a beautiful and powerful sound without the likes of amplifier and when connected to it.

dovewithcase1.jpg

doveheadstock2.jpg

doveasawhole8.jpg

doveside6.jpg

dove2ndside7.jpg

doveback5.jpg

doveback6.jpg

doveneck4.jpg

I have tons of feedback on various message boards(mostly video game related) and although I stopped using ebay you can check my feedback there(Princess-Isabela),
offering local pickup (California, San Francisco/Sacramento area), or shipping via Priority Mail with tracking number(if you're from United States) or Express Mail around the world(trackable online), I do accept paypal.

if you're interested in either guitar, I can provide more detailed pictures.

I'm forced to sell these beauties as times are tough.

please let me know if you have any questions ^^
thanks for looking.

Princess-Isabela said:
Acoustic-Electric (which means you can also hook it up to the amplifier),
whewww.... I'm glad you explained that one! :wink:

marcusnieman said:
Nice post, great photos and lovely guitars. That 335 is nice.

3pupLPC said:
Princess-Isabela said:
Acoustic-Electric (which means you can also hook it up to the amplifier),
whewww.... I'm glad you explained that one! :wink:

haha, surprisingly enough there were people who had no idea you could do that :lol:

and prices are flexible, so please send reasonable offers,

thanks a lot guys :D

I assume that the spruce top is solid and not laminate, but I was asking if the back and sides were solid maple, or if they were laminate.

3pupLPC said:
I assume that the spruce top is solid and not laminate, but I was asking if the back and sides were solid maple, or if they were laminate.

guitar is shiny!

and sure, here are the details taken from:

"New Legend born from Gibson tradition, the oldest and longest in the world."

Orville by Gibson Acoustic Collection, official catalog from 1991:

Dove w/PU - price, Y105,000 yens(equivalent to about $1200)
Style: Dreadnought
Body Back: Maple w binding 2 ply & center stripe
Rim: Maple w binding (3 ply)
Top: Book matched Spruce w binding (4 ply)
Neck: Mahogany, neck joints at 14 fret
Scale: 25 1/2
Bridge: plastic on Rosewood bridge-base w Dove wiring inlay
Machine heads: Nickel plated "Kluson" type
Pickup: Piezo type
Control:1 volume Tone 3 band EQ (slide control)
Pickguard: Original Dove pattern engraved tortoise shell type
Finish: Antique Cherry

hope that helps :D

Love that 335!! I've been looking for one like that for a while. Where is Treasure Trove Cove - Bay area? I'm in Sacramento and might like to have a peek.

Scott

hehe, Treasure Trove Cove it's a Banjo Kazooie reference (to sunny place),
and you can come and take a look as I'm also in Sacramento :)

Went to see these, well mostly the 335, and they're both quite nice! The Dove is particularly sweet - don't be shy buyers.

scooticus said:
Went to see these, well mostly the 335, and they're both quite nice! The Dove is particularly sweet - don't be shy buyers.

hopefully you'll sell some of your guitars and will be able to afford ES-335 before someone else snatches it.

and regarding questions, both guitars have not been used much over the years, fingerboards feel great and have lots of life in them.
anything else - just ask :)

bump for amazing guitars, c'mon guys - you won't find them cheaper anywhere!

$100 knocked off from Dove, making it $1,400.

I cannot believe nobody jumped on them yet... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back