Les Paul Reborn, Reborn Old, and Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f5joe

Reaction score
I thought this was a cool shot of the early period headstocks.

Joe80LS-120028a.jpg
[/img]

Nani: Yes, it came to me with gold Grovers that I didn't like. I put on some new Gibsons that I had available. Properly, it should have the double ring Kluson styles on it. Someday.

Hi f5joe.I see you still have my ex love rock then,nice flame on that one :wink:
I love that 78 LS=60 :wink:

It's a great picture and very nice guitars.

I only mention the changed tuners because it would be nice to have a single photo comparing all original specs of Les Paul Reborn, Reborn Old, and Love Rock, since it is a common source of confusion.

I just don't want someone to use the picture as reference to think a Les Paul Reborn has single line tuners.

That's how much of a guitar crazy person I am!

Thanks again for showing off your beauties.

Nani, I'd like to replace the tuners at some point. You also make a good point for future reference. Perhaps this thread will assist with that.

Early on, it took a while for me to sort out all the specs. Thank goodness for this forum and helpful participants. :D

Nice trio Joe! A question for anyone.... Where in the LS series did Tokai go from 3 pc tops to 2 pc?

LS-50 = 3 pieces
LS-60 and up = 2 pieces

LS-50/LS-60 are poly finished with 14 degree headstocks. LS-80 and up are nitro finished with 18 degree headstocks.

I must say that the 14 degree headstock does not bother me a bit. Those LS-50/60's are really good guitars for any player.

hmmm
I checked some guitars on ebay and rupert's custom seloing here but looks like LS60 has 3 pieces...are you shure about 2 pieces?

All I can give is what I've learned here. I believe, in general, the specs I posted are correct. I am not an expert though.

Would someone else contribute please? Thanks, Joe

Back