Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know anything about Tech 21 stuff?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarJack
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Anyone know anything about Tech 21 stuff? Reply with quote

I liked the look of the Double Drive a while ago and now the Double Drive X3 looks like a great option. Has anyone tried any of their stuff? The price of the X3 is 200 euros (about 140 pounds).
kevcaster
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Tech 21 Reply with quote

A had a Comptortion - Compressor/distortion for about a year. It was good and had a wide range from just to massive. It also had a hair trigger range in the area of early breakup to overdrive and I found it too tricky to use in anger. They are light and seem pretty well made.
3 chords and the truth
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not FX per se, but I owned a Trademark 60 (solid state, vaguely modelling combo) for a number of years and sold it as a poor student. It's the only bit of kit i've ever bought back later!*

The rectifier sound on that thing was simply awesome when cranked up, and worked beautifully through the XLR output straight into a desk. Their kit is very carefully crafted in terms of tone, and i've been looking at the X3 myself.

*sold it again recently though as I replaced it with an Atomic Reactor...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: