Having trouble identifying Hard Puncher with plain black logo and F2010011 serial number

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plate0shrimp

Reaction score
As below, it seems to match in almost everything that should make it at least a real Tokai but the guy did sell it to me claiming it to be Japanese based on his research which I now think is maybe not true. I noticed some threads where there were actual stamped Korean versions that had F beginning the serial number and I haven't seen that anywhere else. Also noticing that people say Tokai's are meant to have 13 screws on the pick guard but this only has 12. It does have the 5 screws along the bridge though. I tried taking a look at the pickups but they seem very basic cheaper looking block magnet type underneath and the previous-previous owner has also glued the foam onto the pickups for some reason so I couldn't look at any markings (along with some other god awful attempts at shielding with just like folded up chunks of foil).

Would love to know if anyone has any insight on potential year or where its built?

Attachments

• IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hey thanks very much for that. How much do you think these would be worth paying for used now?

Back