CAN U GET A TOKAI les paul JUNIOR type guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry,

Back to guitars - do you know if anybody importing the LS200 or LS320?
The UK importer doesn't seem to be bothered with them.

Why not start your grey import there I'd have one!

:smile:

GB

I live in Japan and can send a guitar to the states via USPS for $75 compared to the UPS or other companies that want $200+ (and other fees or dues).

I would be happy to send a guitar to the states if anyone wants. Not sure how much it would be to ship to UK from here.

email me at [email protected] and we can work something out.

Dana

Hi.
I was in London buying a LP 3 months back and saw that Tokai TV Jnr in Andy's.I could have bought it for ?499.I think it's a case of, if you show them the dosh, then you can haggle.I bought one in Manchester prior to my London trip, used for ?330. It had an unusually high action, but after a different bridge, it improved somewhat + the P90 was sunken into the body by 2-3mm. I later learned that it had an incorrect neck angle and that the P90 was sunk in to avoid string contact,It still played nicely though, and had a superb sound. I had a 1959 LP TV jnr a few years back. Main difference's, the 59 was lighter, had a thicker neck, and a much hotter P90, but the Tokai does a good take on it. My only grunt is that the finish is to thick and plasticy, like it's been dipped in yellow slime. I recently sold mine cheap, but would still fancy one that's correct.Other quality options would be the Hamer P90 Special.?400-500, or the 70's lawsuit fixed neck Antoria's, Ibanez's or CSL's.I have a cherry fixed neck 70's Antoria SG Junior, currently set up for slide and it's a killer replica.

Back