Tokai Custom Shop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco78

Reaction score
Is it possible to order a guitar from Tokai? Ie a LS 160 but with all lacquer or with different pickups or different neck size?

Why not email the manufacturer or ask a Tokai dealer ?
They are in the best position to tell you what changes Tokai will, or will not currently undertake.
Things like pickups I would just change myself.

Tokai used to accept custom orders from buyers through their webstore 'The Guitar Shop' but have put up a notice saying they are not accepting custom orders for the time being and will put up a notice when (if?) they resume.

http://www.theguitarshop.jp/service/custommade_pending.html

A Tokai dealer could probably still get custom orders.

I have contacted the Tokai but the price is really crazy. They sell stock LP 195s for 195000 jpy instead some dealer sell it at 153.000 jpy and for total nitro finish (instead poly + nitro) ask other 84.000. Total price would be more than 300.000 yen, for this price I can buy a Gibson Black Beauty with real honduras mahogany wood.... :)

2000 pounds for a vintage gibson? where?

have a look at my navigator custom, you wont get better specs anywhere>>

bottom row of this pqge

http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/page%207%20Other%20Brands.html

Not vintage one, but historic models. Villager, without offense, your price are out of the market. I have seen a Custom Black Obg from you at 1500 ?... my friend have sell it for 800 ?.... :)

Are historics Honduran?? Not sure, navigators are for sure..

maybe you should ask for a little negotiation, you never know what I may do. :)

The black reissue obg custom is on site for 1250 euros on eBay it's 1500 because I don't want to sell it on eBay, :)

If your friend sold an obg reissue with an ebony board for 800 euros you should have bought it!!!

villager said:
If your friend sold an obg reissue with an ebony board for 800 euros you should have bought it!!!

Unfortunately the guitar is been sell some time ago... :(

If I'll find it for this price, I'll get it.

Where does it say a Historic is Honduran Mahogany..check through all the Custom shop models?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Les-Paul-Custom.aspx

Why should Tokai sell direct to you, Marco?
Do you know of any other guitar manufacturer that sells direct to the public?

If you want a Custom spec Tokai then order it from a dealer in Italy.

Who makes guitars that are 100% nitro...you think Gibson or Fender do?
Fender has been using 'Fullerplast' to seal the body since the late 50s, then spray Nitro on top of that.
Gibson use 'Plasticisers' in their Nitro...PRS, Tom Anderson, John Suhr, none of them use any form of Nitro.

Fender is actually about to start doing direct custom shop sales to customers.

I spoke with Nakane at Rockin. He can broker custom instruments between customers and Tokai. Prices are gonna be slightly inflated since there is a middle man, but it may still be worth the time/effort.

If you want a great price for a great guitar, you have to have the time to spend waiting for one to come along, and the patience, luck also comes into play sometimes, or a mixture of all 3 of those things. You can't just tell people their prices are too high, they can set the price at anything they like, most sellers have some flex to them, but they don't have to sell you anything lol.

Back