Custom Shop Questions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimus

Reaction score
Strat/Springy devotee but fell for the 1981 red Joe Walsh LS100. Being realistic about the chances of finding one and pondering going direct to Tokai.

How do guys contact the Tokai Custom Shop?

Is it feasible to order something akin to the LS174 in terms of features and just get it finished in that beautiful red color?

1-piece back, nitro—what other features are worth insisting on?

They are essentially special orders.

Typically shops place these type of orders and there are minimum order requirements. Not sure if they are doing one offs?

There is new ownership at Tokai and everything is subject to change. You should reach out to them directly and see what they say.

東海楽器製造株式会社

As far as the LS100S OR Joe Walsh model, there was one for sale in the classified section a while back I believe?

Edit: Looks like it sold.

Joe Walsh signature LS100 OR

Last edited:
Thanks Sig. I’ll inquire with Tokai and report my findings. If they do one-offs I may follow the process just for the experience while keeping the door open for a Walsh 100 to cycle back through. Will see.

You're welcome.

That Joe Walsh LS100S is special. The body is one piece of mahogany. Not separate plates for top and back.

Same sort of body construction as an early LC100/110.

Vintage LC Custom Gallery

Last edited:
Back