THE PHANTOM FINDS BRAZILIAN

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry P., I wouldn't want to do that!!

imgp5820b.jpg

:D

t.olsen said:
mmhh,the fretboards on my ls100 and my egf1200 look different...while the tokai board is mostly dark the greco has some hints of red in it.

you can't tell by the appearance/colour timo...

another indication is the graining, indian rosewood usually has ''looser'' pores than brazillian, but the scrapy test is a good one!!

Phantom said:
You can believe the phantom or not. There has never been any confirmation of Brazilian used on Tokai guitars. I've owned many and would say there were none that were Brazilian. But now the Phantom has confirmed with the help of others that the LS100 in question has been confirmed as Brazilian. I knew in my heart but had to get the experts opinions and my suspicions were right.

Anyone else think they might have something like this?
Not even my number 1 has Brazilian nor any LS80's etc I've ever owned.

The Phantom would love to know other peoples experiences

I JUST LOOKED AT THE TITLE, BOY COULD THAT BE SUBJECTIVE!!!!
I'll say its Timo or the Spike to chime in on that one

The Phantom

My nr:1 Tokai Strat has brazilian. Springy ST60 from 1980.

Soundwise, boohoo but for the looks it is a necessity!

Well, I didn't have it DNA tested so it might just be a very black and oily idian rosewood. But still, looks good.

spikeymikey said:
Thats real cool! And it looks like Braz.

"Vanilla" - THATS IT!!!! :D

I just picked up my main '64 SG Junior. That smell is right there. Then I played it and you know......there's nothing like a good Junior! 8) 8) 8)

imgp4289e.jpg

No Japanese guitar can beat that!
Seems to be in excellent condition!
Nice.

Thanx, Koub'. I got another one, again a '64, in unbelievably beaten and neglected condition. I'll post pix soon. It's going to get a setup this week. Has great potential......can't wait!

I think it is time for a brazilian Smell- A - Thong... ...err..........................i mean smell a thon :wink:

This is the only way we are going to get down to the bottom ...whooops ... of this one........ lets start with Madeline West... she might be Brazialian... right?

spikeymikey said:
Crap, that's so beautiful. A single P90, wraparound and that special pickguard. An amazing combo; simplicity and yet so much rock'n roll!

As an SG fan I'm a bit biased, but I also simply love the LP Jr Doublecut with the same layout. Of course also cherry red..

I've never had an axe with P90:s, but I think must own one before I die.

i just got my first SG Junior - a Burny RocknRoll from early late 80's....

needless to say, I am IN LOVE!!

going to get a proper vintage Gibson one when I get the funds together

Mono said:
i just got my first SG Junior - a Burny RocknRoll from early late 80's....

needless to say, I am IN LOVE!!

going to get a proper vintage Gibson one when I get the funds together

My sentiments exactly.... mine is an old white Greco SG Junior and I too love it. Gonna get me a Gibbo version someday too..

Spike, check it out, looks just like yours.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320815260395?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_6460wt_1396

CliffsComicWorld said:
I think it is time for a brazilian Smell- A - Thong... ...err..........................i mean smell a thon :wink:

This is the only way we are going to get down to the bottom ...whooops ... of this one........ lets start with Madeline West... she might be Brazialian... right?
Nah, she's a home grown Aussie girl. I think the only thing Brazilian about her might be her..... well you know. :lol:

Fella's first and foremost the Phantom thanks you for your patience.
Cliff my tech Ive had for over 30 years has worked with Brazilian for that long. He get's an allergic reaction to it. Said he did a test and was sneezing all over the place. Also said it had that sweet smell after sanding a small section. I'll take his word for it. Either way its a great guitar, you can make your own assumptions. I've never ever read anything that specified that any Tokai's had Brazilian so I'm not sure. Its not like a Greco EGF 1200 and 1800 where we know for sure. Cliff if there's something you know about Tokai's having Brazilian, would love to hear about it. broken Toes the Phantom is ecstatic to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Jacco
8 Lbs 10 oz or 3.856 kg.
The pickups that came with it are Dimarzio's with covers. Let me know if these are original or not. I've attached some pics of the pickups Jacco.

Also did a quick one take file...............hence the overload sound, went into the red cause I was having too much funs sorry. the soundfile has the LS100 with Skatterbrane Earthbrane pups I quickly installed. So that what your hearing

Phantom

Here's the sound file:
http://soundcloud.com/meetthephantom/1981tokai-ls-100/s-sWm8m

Back