THE PHANTOM FINDS BRAZILIAN

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CliffsComicWorld said:
How do you know it is Brazilian? I have never heard of an LS-100 with a Brazilian board.

It's a common fantasy among new owners :)

Great soundfile! Would have loved to hear you demo it the DiMarzios for comparison. i love those DiMarzio PAFs.
Those DiMarzios are stock, the covers are not.

Im gonna take the covers off actually and reinstall
when thats done Ill do a file for ya Jacco

Great score Phantom......I have been searching for one of those for a long time.....Not so sure about the brazilian board but a gorgeous guitar indeed .......I have the goldtop if you ever want a change in color :wink:

Thanks Hunter, yeah I knew I'd be reemed about the Braz board lol
My friend I have 2 gold tops so no can do but thanks for the offer.

Thanks Jacco, looks way better without the covers.

Sound file with the original pickups coming up next
Too bad I couldn't get paid for this lol ;)

Phantom said:

LS100 GOLDTOPS??? :) :) ........CONGRATS AGAIN

Here is a clip with the original pickups Jacco as you requested. Amp was still on,mic placement, my placement, everything pretty much the same and as close as can be.

http://soundcloud.com/meetthephantom/ls100-dimarzio-m/s-hAw2g

jacco said:
Great soundfile! Would have loved to hear you demo it the DiMarzios for comparison. i love those DiMarzio PAFs.
Those DiMarzios are stock, the covers are not.

I totally agree with you Jacco... The original DiMarzios PAF... Simply turn these LS-100's into rock machines !

Actually pretty shocked Jacco. The one thing I noticed is how dynamic these are. I had it on low volume and noticed it cleans up great with no loss of highs.Also very distinctive midrange. I remember I had an old Fresher way back. I didnt like the guitar but the pickups had something to me that really stood out, so I kept them. Now I want to go find them to see if they are anything like these. Thx guys.
Again Jacco your a champ!

The Phantom

Phantom said:

You never know.... Inconsistencies are known to happen.

It certainly seems to have that sound. Even sent off some files with 5 different guitars to another builder I know. they weren't labeled. 5 different Tokais all with different pickups. I just asked him are there any guitars with Brazilian in your opunion out of these 5 files?. Oddly enough he picked the LS100 out of the 5. Doesn't matter I know what my ear likes and it likes this guitar.

Very nice clips Phantom. :)

Mojo Pin is pleased with the tone of the DiMarzios. :D

Nice to see one of those in great condition. I wonder how close the fretboard is from the one on my LS-150?

Maybe I can sand off a bit and mail it to your tech for a test?

Latest posts

Back