ES 120

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUNAFREAK

Reaction score
GOT MY ES 120 IN NATURAL FLAME WITH NITRO FINISH. iT IS THE BEST AXE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY OLD HANDS! TOOK IT IN FOR A SET UP AS SOON AS I GOT IT, IT NEEDED ONE AND MY TECH WENT WILD! HE'S A COLLECTER OF VINTAGE GIBSONS AND HE WANTED MY ES 120. tHE BEST CLONE HE HAD EVER SEEN! i AGREE, ITS BETTER THAN MY ELITE GOLD TOP AND ANY REAL GISON THAT I HAVE EVER PLAYED. THANK YOU TOKAI!

Let's all have a lok at it then TUNAFREAK !

Post a picture on here please :lol:

I'm delighted with my ES100, real quality.

P10109271.jpg

Very nice!
But how do you manage to allow yourself to put such a nice guitar on the grass?? I've seen many people do similiar things, and I just don't get it! Maybe it's just me!

BTW, what is the average weight of an ES120? I am thinking about possibly getting one.......

fievel said:
But how do you manage to allow yourself to put such a nice guitar on the grass?? I've seen many people do similiar things, and I just don't get it! Maybe it's just me!
The problem is that my house is already full of Tokai Love Rocks and ES copies, so I have to place some of them in the garden during the summer months. And as it hardly ever rains in my hometown, this works quite well...

Fantastic guitar! :eek:
I really love it!Is it an ES-120 Hans?

Hans, could you not get some plastic wrap for when it rains? :lol:

I am also curious to the wieght of the ES 120 and 100 (I'd guess they are very similar in weight)

I find that my shoulder can hurt after a long spell with my 100. Its partially due to the strap being hard also but the guitar is heavy in my opinion although I'm not complaining. My Patrick eggle feels very light in comparison.

Hans-Jurgen

Screw that tailpiece down to the body on the ES and increase your sustain :wink:

It's flaoting up in the gods man !!! :-?

All complaints concerning the tailpiece height, weight, sort of grass etc. should go directly to togps, because that was his guitar (besides two other ES copies) which was already sold on ebay.de. He had sent me some pictures about a week ago, so I thought I would show them, because Chris asked for an example. :wink:

About the weight I only know that ES type guitars sometimes are surprisingly heavy, around 4 kg, but I don't know what that natural one weighs. And yes, if it was mine, I would lower the tailpiece, too, or wrap the strings around it if I like the sound of the flatter string angle better for that guitar.

Here's the link to the ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7327117219&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAS:DE:3

hans-j?rgen said:
The problem is that my house is already full of Tokai Love Rocks and ES copies, so I have to place some of them in the garden during the summer months. And as it hardly ever rains in my hometown, this works quite well...

how many do you have? Hope we'll see a group photo one day ! :D

20 century boy said:
how many do you have? Hope we'll see a group photo one day ! :D
So you missed it back then? :wink: Look here:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3703

And the ones on the right side don't even belong to me which makes a total of 2...

Back