Help please!: TALBO A150SH MW-H

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHITExGALE

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! Do please forgive me if this is out of place, but I'm quite stressed with this problem of mine!

Having discovered, seen, heard, and researched it, I can't find anywhere from which I can get hold of a dealer or an importer or even so much as somewhere I can contact for a price quote on this wonderful guitar that I'd so very much like to add to my collection!

I speak of course of the TALBO A150SH MW-H. I've spent some weeks now searching and I've come up with nothing but this forum! And, given that this is a registry for these fine instruments, I felt fairly sure that someone here may be able to point me in the right direction.

If any information would be necessary (as I assume it may be), I live in the United States and speak Japanese (but my English is funny sometimes!!). Given that my current stage guitar is a custom shop ESP that cost me about $6,000 USD, money isn't much of an object to me. I'd just really like to know where I can find how much one of those beauties will cost me to acquire!

I thank you all in advance for any assistance!

Good playing!!

Welcome aboard.

Nice guitar, and almost impossible to find these days.

I have one in Metallic White. It certainly does not get the playing time it deserves. Set up with 10~46, and a great player. It is basically brand new with a couple of hours total, sitting down play time on it.

Love the Japanese "Gig Max" and "Jam Spirit" names for the pickups.

Gold Wilkinson by Gotoh tremolo, ebony board and brass nut. Very distinctive tone, with an almost "Tele" edge on the attack.

I could be tempted to part with it. If you want some close up and hi-res pics, I can post them up for you.

Here is a stock photo..

a150sh.jpg

stratmoto said:
Welcome aboard.

Nice guitar, and almost impossible to find these days.

I have one in Metallic White. It certainly does not get the playing time it deserves. Set up with 10~46, and a great player. It is basically brand new with a couple of hours total, sitting down play time on it.

Love the Japanese "Gig Max" and "Jam Spirit" names for the pickups.

Gold Wilkinson by Gotoh tremolo, ebony board and brass nut. Very distinctive tone, with an almost "Tele" edge on the attack.

I could be tempted to part with it. If you want some close up and hi-res pics, I can post them up for you.

Here is a stock photo..

a150sh.jpg

Thank you very much! The one I played was in Metallic White and that's precisely the sort that I'm after. The pics you spoke of would be very nice, thanks! And also, where did you come across it and for how much? How much would I expect to pay for one today? I've never felt more comfortable with a guitar than I did for just those few hours I spent with one and I've even put off on my first personal recordings to be given out until I can use one for it. My ESP is wonderful, but it doesn't come anywhere close to what I got from that marvelous metal body!

The pickups I agree are perfect and the names fit them very well, I'm very fond of the setup. If you would in fact be tempted to part with it, I would have to see what I can come up with for that. I'm a very good home at least, my house is full of instruments! *Lol* If you would like my e-mail to discuss anything I can give it to you if you want.

These Talbos are very interesting guitars,I don?t know why I never got one when I was able,too much guitars maybe and no one near to try before buying....

Stratmoto,are they a bit treble sounding because the metal body?

Wow, these Talbos are cool, if I was a rich man I'd definitely start a collection, just to hang on the wall instead of paintings. :)

I must confess I'm still confused as to which models are old, which are new, which model is which, etc,etc, and what they're worth.

I'll own an LS150 by the end of this week, next on my list will be a Talbo. 8)

Back