TST 95 SGM

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somebodyelseuk

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been a while. Bought a TST 95 SGM a few days back - a 60s Strat-a-like in Sherwood Green Metallic.
I already own a block logo TST55 from the early 80s, which is still as original spec.
I'm curious about the new one. I've had the scratchplate off. I assume it's alder with maple/rosewood body/neck. The pickups are wound on plastic bobbins, the pots while not mini, have narrow/metric shafts/splines, the trem block doesn't take a magnet. The old one has the 'sought after'(?) pickups, CTS pots, steel block.
So, do they still use Gotoh hardware and pickups? I assume the finish is poly?

Any additional info. welcomed.

Cheers

PS. The LS150F I got a couple of years ago is now home to a pair of Amber 'Spirit Of '59' pickups and is just mindblowing.

Beautiful guitar. Do you know when it was made?

And I’m with you on the eyesight. Getting older is tough.

On my ST70 if I held it at an angle I could make out a seam. And in the pickup cavity route I could make out some grain and thought it to be alder. No idea about newer guitars.

Thanks,
Well, I'm the first owner. Serial number suggests it was made in 2020.
I know it's no guarantee, but for over a grand, I'd be furious if it was basswood - alder's hardly an expensive "tonewood". The rosewood looks very similar to a Custom Shop Les Paul R7 I own, so I'm fairly confident it'll be Indian.
Pleased that they still do the body edge radius properly and they still put the bridge in the right place Only other people who seem to manage it these days are the Fender Custom Shop and Levinson.

Very happy.

Latest posts

Back