Tokai Strat Pickup Markings?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up an early 80's Springy Sound, the pickups are stamped with an 'E'. Anyone know what that means? I thought Tokai pickups were stamped with a 'U'.

Also the butt of the neck is stamped with '2=3'. No idea.

Thank you all you Tokai guru's!

Guitarslayer47

Hi !!

The E stamped are ok there Dimarzio pickups .

After the e they use the u stamped

E PICKUPS ARE DI MARZIOS AND WERE THE BEST P/UPS THAT TOKAI USED
THEY ARE REALLY HARD TO FIND, SO IF YOU ARE CHANGING THEM DO NOT SELL THEM, KEEP A HOLD OF THEM, COS IF YOU EVER COME TO SELL YOUR SPRINGY IT WILL BE MORE DESIRABLE WITH ORIGINAL PICKUPS . THE MARKINGS ON THE NECK AND SHOULD ALSO BE IN THE PICKUP CAVITYS ARE TOKAIS NUMBERS THEY USUALLY ARE THE SAME ON THE NECK AND BODY, NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW FOR SURE WHAT THEY MEAN, MAYBE THE DAY AND MONTH THEY WERE MADE?????
BTW YOU SHOULD ALSO HAVE SOME LETTERS AFTER THE NUMBER IN THE PICKUP CAVITY AND THAT WILL TELL YOU THE COULOUR OF THE GUITAR . BB =BLACK , GS =GOLDEN SUNBURST, ETC

Thanks for the info on the pickups, I'm not disappointed! Body cavity only has 'GS', no numbers. Saddles and tuners are stamped Tokai, so I hear that makes it like an '80. That's all good, and the ax sounds pretty unique too. togps tells me it's a good copy of a 64 Strat (and he should know), but that I should look at the pickups and stamps to make sure everything fits together.

Thanks all for your contributions!

Guitarslayer47

Back