Tokai P90 pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right, it's all a bit of a lottery. I think there's also a danger of us convincing ourselves that new, expensive, highly regarded pickups must be an improvement. At least you bucked that trend when you decided you preferred the Tokai pickups to the expensive replacements. I think, if I was playing the same stuff that you do, I might have reached the same conclusion & put the Tokais back in.

stratman323 said:
I enjoyed the Tad Robinson CD too - have you heard the new one with Raphael Wressnig?

I have heard parts of it but haven't had a chance to buy it yet. I'll grab a copy next time I meet Raphael. I have to see him sometime soon. Last time I met him was when we recorded our last CD and that was over a year ago. He played B3 and piano on some of the tracks. What a great musician ...

It's not the best CD I've ever heard - I miss the vocals - but the takes on Mama & Papa & What's Going On? are worth listening to.

stratman323 said:
It's not the best CD I've ever heard - I miss the vocals - but the takes on Mama & Papa & What's Going On? are worth listening to.

Hmm ... I'll get a copy anyways if it's just to support our fellow local musicians.

With instrumental stuff can be a challenge not to lose the listener's attention. Have you ever heard the "R&B Explosion"? It's Alex, Raphael, Sax Gordon and Lukas Knoefler. I have seen them twice and I never thought that I would not miss vocals at all. WOW!!!!

We're gonna get our butts kicked by the mods soon for going OT all the time

Bluefinger said:

This is the Tokai forum - we have some of most interesting discussions when we go OT!

Nope, never heard of that CD, though I do tend to buy anything that Alex plays on.

stratman323 said:
Bluefinger said:

This is the Tokai forum - we have some of most interesting discussions when we go OT!

Nope, never heard of that CD, though I do tend to buy anything that Alex plays on.

Actually it's a band project ... You should be able to find somethig on YouTube. I'll have to ask Raphael if they ever recorded anything together.

stratman323 said:
Marcus - credit me with just a little intelligence, please!

Easy there pardner..... picked up on this thread mid stream and didn't read all 8 pages of posts. I'll just keep my trap shut.

Back