Stratocaster

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this may be a bit off topic, but here's what appaers to be a "real" Strat with the opening bid of $1.93.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-Nice-Guitar-with-the-Dragon-White_W0QQitemZ300079802175QQihZ020QQcategoryZ621QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I get scared whenever I see these things. People get ripped off when they think they're going to get something for nothing. It looks to me like a scam. People will bid thinking the're getting a Strat, and then in many cases, they never see their money or the guitar again. I guess I'm just trying to give everyone out there a "heads-up". I've seen this scam done before, most notably with the title "Blue Bass Guitar", which in the pictures is a Blue 4003 Rickenbacker.

Please be careful everyone. I have bought quite a few guitars off of ebay, and I've never gotten burned. (knock on wood). Just remember, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Also, I thought the description was hilarious:

Welcome to my ebay,now you can see a beautiful and wonderful artware,the item is very value .look at its figure,it is nobler and enthralling,it will give you the elegance and made you exalted. what magnetic item,please don't miss it,it will be a good present for you or for your friend,also it will give you more fortune and good luck.

I want a guitar to make me exalted LOL.

There's only one detail you need to worry about... "Location: Beijing". I'd want to be wielding an extra-long bargepole there. :wink:

The Chinese guitar industry is almost certainly capable of some pretty fantastic stuff, and at low prices (I understand several large western manufacturers outsource work to China) but the Ebay sales do not seem to be a fair reflection of the overall industry there. These are cheap, low-quality instruments with fake logos.

Adrian

Back