Springy Sound 1980 ST 60 (or 80)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm missing the point, but how is your Springy relevant to this deal?

Mike

No, not at all, I just wasn't sure what point you were making. Are you saying it has a poly finish?

Mike

Actually, it appears that this discussion is about a neck on something that's NOT an ST80 - that's the problem......

It looks nice. When it comes to figured maple necks, I guess I've been a bit spoiled by this beauty

112_1214.jpg

Definitely nitro too!

Mike

stratman323 said:
I found a seller who was smarter than me, someone who was very careful not to lie directly, but someone who deliberately witheld the fact that the neck is not original, and has a poly finish.

Thats an defamation and def NOT TRUE:

I have not known anything of that and i believe that all on the guitar is original - i bought it same way from togps - if you?re right then togps is the one - not me!

dongrosh has successfully managed to get ?100 or ?200 over the real value from me - well I hope he enjoys it!

I sold it for the same price i paid ( i paid 973 ? to togps) !!

I remember I asked dongrosh for a direct translation of the German ad.

The text is still there and says nothing about STxx, necks, finish, laqcer or poly, take a translation programm - you will see.

I hadn't expected him to withdraw the sale from eBay so quickly - that should have been a warning sign to me.

That?s why a lot of people in THIS forum (not you MIke) asked me to cancel the auction cause they want to buy it for sure..

I specifically asked him if there were any issues with the guitar that I needed to know about, and he didn't reply to that.

Show me that question, thats NOT true, i have the whole chronolgie of pm?s here - i can post that

Enjoy the money dongrosh - it obviously matters a great deal to you.
Mike

I do not enjoy that, i have not done it to ripp anyone off - but i?m not responsible for your own mistakes.
(sad rather than angry this morning)

Here is the ebay ad when togps sold it. togps advertised it as an st 60. said so on bottom of ebay add..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120148854966

And i guarantee if it was resold as a st-60 mike wouldn't have bought it...
I thought he had made it quite clear he was after an st-80.....Mick

kmarccoco said:
togps advertised it as an st 60.

Thank you! So why would any seller add a reference to an ST80 unless they were deliberately trying to deceive? It was quite clear I wanted an ST80 - read my posts. You KNEW it was an ST60, yet you deliberately withheld that information from me.

If that isn't outright deceipt, I don't know what is.

dongrosh, you should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

Mike

leadguitar_323 said:
And i guarantee if it was resold as a st-60 mike wouldn't have bought it...
I thought he had made it quite clear he was after an st-80.....Mick

Exactly. What a shame that this point seems clear to every other person who has posted, except for dongrosh.....

Mike

Just read the latest posts and someone has posted a link to the ebay add the seller bought the guitar from stating it was an ST60, so whether he directly lied or not he has certainly been deceitful by claiming he dindn't know for sure what model it was.

Mike asked the question directly 'is it a 60 or an 80' before he bought it, the seller should have, at that point, said he bought it as a 60, and Mike would have backed out of the deal.

Donrosh, do the decent thing and refund this guys money. You will gain a lot of respect for doing the right thing. :D

I agree with john. A refund would be the gentleman thing to do. And would be a respectful move on donrosh's part.

bunbury said:
This isn't a debate to conduct in public. Positions become entrenched, misunderstandings raise the temperature and become hard to withdraw. Everything goes tits.

PMs, a conciliatory tone and a willingness to compromise can solve most things. Keep it friendly and private guys.

Far and way the wisest post in this thread.

Except that it didn't work. I tried, he refused point blank.

Mike

A forum like this is supposed to be a place where people share information for mutual benefit ,not withhold information for personal gain. Dongrosh`s actions I believe contravene and sully the name and purpose of our forum,demeaning both himself and us in the process. Gabe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back