Returning to Tokyo

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO Sneaky!!! Hopefully I'll get back there when my acoustic is ready and be able to cruise around one more time before I move home.

J.

P.S. I hear you on them all speaking to you. If I a Hilton, I'd have bought a stupid number of guitars this week.

So much for that silver lining... I got an e-mail today from Guitar Universe saying they spoke to Tokai and were told that all Cat's Eyes are being made in China now. I was quite surprised to see that.

Jason

It?s very surprising to me too, as far as Tokai was known in Japan for building great acoustics. I?ve seen highest end examples that lokk fantastic...If Tokai says it I must believe it ,but don?t know why they?re doing that....

Jason,

Glad I could help your quest.

I'm just sorry it was fruitless.

What's that shop with the "Music Joy" sign outside?

I don't recognize it. Was that off of the main strip?

Where are you in Korea, anyway? Seoul?

I get down there on business every other year or so.

Scott

Scott,

Take a look at the first pic, the one of the hotel map. I've identified the shop and Subway restaurant together.

Yeah it's too bad I came home empty handed. If I had known that Tokai was making their acoustics in China now, I would've bought the used Takamine. I could always get one made here in Korea at the factory Tokai used to outsource to here as the owner has a shop just down the street from my house. I'm kinda hesitant to shell out that much cash to get one made here though.

I live in Incheon, just outside of Seoul. If you come in the next 6 months, send me a note and we'll hook up for a brew if you have time. After that, I'll be heading home to Canada permanently. I can also show you a guitar area that'd make your head spin - similar to Ochanomizu but all in one building.

By the way, I wish the pics from Music Joy were clearer. One pic was of a rack of vintage Gibsons. The first one was a '56 LP Junior.

Jason

Hi Togps,

No the pic of the vintage strats was taken at Heartman Guitars, which you can see in the Ikebe flyer/map I posted. Unofrtunately, I didn't realize there was another floor of acoustics so I didn't see them. :(

Jason

Latest posts

Back