Plaintop LS150 vs. Flametop/Sunburst UK LS150

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MattThorpe said:
Hmm yep you're right just had a look. Of course they are completely sealed. There is an oily smell though. No switch cleaner has been in there unless it was at Tokai. I'm wondering if it's the coating on the western electric type wires looks like enamal or something. Oh well who cares !

Yeah, could be anything - solder fumes/roasted pots smell that got trapped in there and left a bit of a smell on the exposed wood. Pots definitely come with a bit of lube on the shafts as well.

You know you guys are lucky over there with the flamey LS-150/160s, and yours has my kind of flame - not too much and changes a bit depending on the angle you look at it, that's a perfect LP burst top IMO. All it needs now is a bunch of years and playing wear on it!

Every japanese guitar should come with a tag like shown upside.
I had some sent with a COA signed by Adachi-san himself however but that?s not usual(I guess i was very very lucky)....

I browsed through Richtone pages and found three guitars with allmost similar specs, LS150, LS200 and LS250.

Does anyone know which of these models is equivivalent to Current Japanese domestic LS160 ? http://en.item.rakuten.com/k-gakki/tok-ls150-vf/

The specs of LS150 and LS200 are not complete and neither or those have a hard cell case included. e.g. No mention about the brand of Tuners.

The LS250 specs look very similar to Domestic Japanese LS160 specs. The only notable difference is the Condenser. LS250 also have a hard cell case and open book head without the dimple.

Matti

Back