Origin and Year of this Tokai Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarlonMM

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here.
Please help me shed light on the origin and manufacture year.
-Open book
-3 screw truss rod cover
-6 digit serial number 200327

I got this from a second hand guitar seller who also has no idea about the origin of this guitar.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5515.jpeg
    IMG_5515.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5516.jpeg
    IMG_5516.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5600.jpeg
    IMG_5600.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum.

The guitar you got is one of a group of questionable guitars.

What I can tell you is that it was not made in Japan. It was made in Korea or China.

The question has been whether these are legitimate authorized guitars or not?

My tendency after looking at scores of these is to believe they are unauthorized.

Most of the ones I have seen have serial numbers starting with 5 which was apparently 2005. Yours starts with a 2. If that is 2002 it puts it before the rash of guitars known on here as Fakais which were unauthorized Korean built Tokais.

That’s the bad news. The good news is that many people like these guitars. They tend to be decent guitars.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to the forum.

The guitar you got is one of a group of questionable guitars.

What I can tell you is that it was not made in Japan. It was made in Korea or China.

The question has been whether these are legitimate authorized guitars or not?

My tendency after looking at scores of these is to believe they are unauthorized.

Most of the ones I have seen have serial numbers starting with 5 which was apparently 2005. Yours starts with a 2. If that is 2002 it puts it before the rash of guitars known on here as Fakais which were unauthorized Korean built Tokais.

That’s the bad news. The good news is that many people like these guitars. They tend to be decent guitars.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for this info. My initial thought was they were korean made based on the features and serial number. But the inconsistencies with other koream made Love Rocks made me doubt it. The Fakais made more sense to me now.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpeg
    IMG_0598.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0599.jpeg
    IMG_0599.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0600.jpeg
    IMG_0600.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 0
Back