Ok, So What Is This?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tokai-Spr...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Tokai Springy Sound Strat ( 70’s Rosewwod Neck ,( ABSOLUTELY LAWSUIT ERA HEADSTOCK AND ALL . USA Alnico 5 Mag p/ups. THIS TOKAI SPRINGY SOUND IS A LESS

THAN HALF THE Price of others AND HAS THE RARE ROSEWOOD NECK SOUGHT AFTER , YOU WONT SEE ANOTHER , AND AT LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE W/ Better electronics .

Guitar has had some changes made over the last 40 plus yrs , Gold hardware added It looks like it’s been SRV’d up a little . USA Alnico 5 Magnet pickups , Staggered pole pieces ,Braided cloth waxed wires on pickups and 5 way Switch . Shielded pickguard.. Vintage style Fender Tuners , but original . Super Nice Rolled edge Neck , This is a one owner guitar , He was 68 and owned it since 1980 . I’m certain of the Pickups being USA Handwound in Oregon, I forget the name ,, Anyway ask any questions and it could probably use a set up , Will include Gig-bag.. The Story is Stevie Ray Vaughn Used this same Guitar and removed Tokai logo from headstock . Feeling the neck I can believe it . It does have some pings and dings but is Rock Solid ! Action is a little high for my taste but so was Stevie’s. All it needs to be an SRV is the mailbox stickers . Ask away and if I wasn’t a lefty I would absolutely Keep it , THIS PRICE IS THIS WEEK ONLY , A must sell

5Kw3H97.jpg

MLnneuV.jpg

t9xWgYb.jpg

uEKR5Kp.jpg

rtDHtq1.jpg

ZF09f2H.jpg

08k7TnB.jpg

Haha I'd steer clear of that one. Can't see anything that looks tokai.. base of neck looks wrong, HHS routing at least. Oldies but Goldies logo wonky..

Yep. What I noticed was the neck heel, the volute, the magic marker on the truss rod plug, and the 2 weird string trees.

That neck does not look like a Tokai neck to me.

And we don't get to see much under the hood, but those pickup cavity shapes are weird as well.

I don't see anything on this guitar that looks like it is Tokai.

ZvKSw6q.jpg

Back